Terrorism Insurance?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
I just received an Insurance quote for new Inn coverage. I noticed that they have optional "Terrorism Insurance".
I have never heard of such a thing! Does anyone else have this coverage?

We don't have it but its been included as an optional rider line item for several renewals in a row now.
Gotta tap into people's fears at every level I suppose.

Be sure to also consider the insurance for flying monkeys too as these may swoop in and wreck the place.
Insurance companies make their money based on people's fear and paranoia. Unless your B&B is part of the United States military defense system or a symbol for western capitalism, I kind of doubt that your much of a target for terrorism.

We've had that as an option since we started (only into our third year now) but have declined it. If they attack Ashland, Ohio, well then we're all screwed.
We are investigating an optional rider for "non-hired auto" or some such stuff. Basically it's an excess liability over our car insurance (I think) that covers additional damage to car not covered under our personal auto policy. I forget the details and probably ought to be figuring it out soon.
=)
Kk.

The Farmers Daughter said:
I just received an Insurance quote for new Inn coverage. I noticed that they have optional "Terrorism Insurance".
I have never heard of such a thing! Does anyone else have this coverage?
We always have that offered on ours but decline it.
Riki

While Texas, Ohio or Michigan might not be in much danger from terrorists, I think FD is quite close to Manhattan. I'm pretty sure there were several businesses in Manhattan 8 years ago who had wished for such a thing as terrorist insurance.

We have had that option since 9/11 and have always opted out. The first year I considered it (briefly I might add) due to my closeness to NASA.
Never dug deep into the coverage which I would do if I was seriously looking into it though.

While Texas, Ohio or Michigan might not be in much danger from terrorists, I think FD is quite close to Manhattan. I'm pretty sure there were several businesses in Manhattan 8 years ago who had wished for such a thing as terrorist insurance..
Little Blue said:
While Texas, Ohio or Michigan might not be in much danger from terrorists, I think FD is quite close to Manhattan. I'm pretty sure there were several businesses in Manhattan 8 years ago who had wished for such a thing as terrorist insurance.
Not that close really. I am in horse country. I can get to midtown in just under 2 hours. I am closer to Philadelphia than NYC. Folks here don't even lock their cars....its kinda like Mayberry.

James Wolf Insurance always offers it but I decline. I might be gambling but Bridgewater Va. I do not see as a target for terrorism. Now if Wash D.C. is nuked off the map ,guess I'll go also ( 135 miles west & south) Life is a game of chance ?..Mary in Bridgewater,Va.
confused_smile.gif

One of the nicer things about my "24 year sentence" in Illinois was that we were so close to Chicago that if Chicago got nuked we would be gone too. No worry about being a survivor. Gimme the wasy way out, thank you very much.
Where I am now could also be a target but I think we have more to worry about from the "flight" of the millions in the Beltway should there be an attack than from the terrorists. Think of it - millions of people in one wave needing food and shelter as they try to escape......

Back