Tesla becoming reliable market

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom

Reaction score
Back in 2015 Tesla was promoting the destination charging location and several of us got chargers. Over the next few years, it attracted guests, but recently, mainly since beginning of pandemic and now this year, I'm getting 2 or 3 a week. Part of this is the big increase with Model 3, but I think the mentality of making a 800 mile trip with EV has arrived -- at least for Tesla, with superchargers available. Only a few other brands of EV have been interested; it's 20:1.
We are 6 miles off I-5 and a good stopping point between San Francisco and Seattle. Folks are finding us on one leg of the trip and when checking out, will book for the return. I don't charge to charge so I don't have ready numbers in my books, but it has definitely become a profit niche.
So far, making it with one 10 kW Tesla charger, but I have a 6 kW J1772 also, so could handle 2 EV at one time.

Mine have dwindled to nothing basically. Too many supercharges along the Interstate. At least Tesla paid for them and the installation so I have no complaints.

Mine have dwindled to nothing basically. Too many supercharges along the Interstate. At least Tesla paid for them and the installation so I have no complaints.
Never felt like I was the sort of place that attracted the initial Tesla owners but with the push towards EV's over the coming years that could change

And then I had a Tesla book for last night. Woohoo!
There's not much downside to the Tesla chargers, especially since Tesla paid for them and their installation. It's worth a few dollars of electricity to me to get the bookings, and to help people who are desperate for a charge.

My Tesla charger has been running flawlessly since 2015, though one time I did have to tell a guest to use the Reset button. One reset needed in 7 years. I wish my wifi router and computers could match that!

Back