Tesla Destination Charging

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for providing this great information. I completed the form and hopefully will hear back from Tesla soon! I think it will be a great additional amenity to offer our guests!.
greyswan said:
thanks for providing this great information. I completed the form and hopefully will hear back from Tesla soon! I think it will be a great additional amenity to offer our guests!
greyswan!!! Glad to know you're still out there!! It has been too long!
OK, that's six exclamation marks, which is six more than Joey Bloggs will approve of, so I'll end this with...!!!!!!
Thanks, Arks - I am still kicking - we are still loving innkeeping and are busy in our community - keeps us off the streets. ;-)
Lots has happened since I last posted... what? 1-2 years ago... good things! But I don't want to deviate from this thread. I'll post elsewhere to catch up.
thumbs_up.gif

Air has joined the destination charging bandwagon.
Innkeep said:
Air has joined the destination charging bandwagon
Yes, time to stop fighting Air and join them. They are not going away. Quite the opposite! They already dwarf many of the long time big players.
I tell all the B & B folks I work with to get on air...why fight it? Just promote how you are the best!
I am in the camp of those who plan to aggressively report those who do not follow the regulations or taxes. I am also in the camp of being on Air. Why not do both? It is a question of fairness... Change the zoning and eliminate the tax, or make everyone follow it.

It would be great fun to drive a Tesla in the WV hills! Until they get a supercharger out in the middle of the state, destination chargers like Gillum's, and now the parks, are the way to do it.

It would be great fun to drive a Tesla in the WV hills! Until they get a supercharger out in the middle of the state, destination chargers like Gillum's, and now the parks, are the way to do it..
Arks said:
It would be great fun to drive a Tesla in the WV hills! Until they get a supercharger out in the middle of the state, destination chargers like Gillum's, and now the parks, are the way to do it.
and an inn to inn package too. There are many variables. All good!

Inn the news for Gillum and the rest. :).
I was trying to get the B & Bs to apply to get an inn-to-inn network. I got a couple who got them in the last round.
I am glad the State Parks are doing it BUT I am already fighting their advertising of the "bed & breakfast experience" and "bed & breakfast weekend" with one resort just about 40 miles down the road. Kind of hard for me to compete with a place that has golf, fine dining, dinner cruise on the lake...... Our State Parks that have lodges are public/private partnerships. State owns the facility but it is managed (and profits taken by) the private partnership. Yes, you are hearing the sour grapes. I do not have their marketing budget.

I was trying to get the B & Bs to apply to get an inn-to-inn network. I got a couple who got them in the last round.
I am glad the State Parks are doing it BUT I am already fighting their advertising of the "bed & breakfast experience" and "bed & breakfast weekend" with one resort just about 40 miles down the road. Kind of hard for me to compete with a place that has golf, fine dining, dinner cruise on the lake...... Our State Parks that have lodges are public/private partnerships. State owns the facility but it is managed (and profits taken by) the private partnership. Yes, you are hearing the sour grapes. I do not have their marketing budget.
gillumhouse said:
I was sharing it so you know. If you didn't already know, you should know, now you know.

gillumhouse said:
I was sharing it so you know. If you didn't already know, you should know, now you know.
JBloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
I understood why you posted and truly appreciate it (I sometimes do not read the paper for a few days). This was one article I actually had seen. It is good info for others to watch to see what is happening with their State and State Parks, especially if they have them nearby. State Parks can be used as an attraction (as well as being a competition if they have a lodge) - and I do just that.
To be honest, I had thought about talking to the State Parks people about getting Tesla chargers, but was hoping (unfortunately as expected, uselessly) to get more B & Bs to do it first for the inn-to-inn Tesla tour. Sigh.

Sure wish they would contact me. I filled out the form about this time last year. Guess I should do it again in case they lost my info.

Sure wish they would contact me. I filled out the form about this time last year. Guess I should do it again in case they lost my info..
Copperhead said:
Sure wish they would contact me. I filled out the form about this time last year. Guess I should do it again in case they lost my info.
Yes you should!
I can't believe how few destination chargers are out there. I'm headed to a conference in Memphis next month. Not a single Tesla destination charger in this metro area of 1.3 million people! I'll have to stay near a downtown parking garage that has a much slower public charger available.

I'm wanting to visit cousins in Tulsa. Not a single Tesla destination charger in that city of one million. I'll have to leave my car at a slow public charger and have my cousin drive me over to pick it up when it's done.

So the lack of chargers doesn't keep me from going where I want to go, it just makes things take a little longer to get done. I would sure be staying at an inn with a destination charger, if there was one!

Sure wish they would contact me. I filled out the form about this time last year. Guess I should do it again in case they lost my info..
Copperhead said:
Yes you should!
I can't believe how few destination chargers are out there. I'm headed to a conference in Memphis next month. Not a single Tesla destination charger in this metro area of 1.3 million people! I'll have to stay near a downtown parking garage that has a much slower public charger available.

I'm wanting to visit cousins in Tulsa. Not a single Tesla destination charger in that city of one million. I'll have to leave my car at a slow public charger and have my cousin drive me over to pick it up when it's done.

So the lack of chargers doesn't keep me from going where I want to go, it just makes things take a little longer to get done. I would sure be staying at an inn with a destination charger, if there was one!
I was very surprised how few there were in my town (high end area full of people with more money than they know what to do with top football managers and stuff like that) figured there would be lots! ive been chasing them as they said mine would be out in "the summer" as UK is different electric to USA and Europe so they have to tweek it - grrr!

Copperhead said:
Yes you should!

I was very surprised how few there were in my town (high end area full of people with more money than they know what to do with top football managers and stuff like that) figured there would be lots! ive been chasing them as they said mine would be out in "the summer" as UK is different electric to USA and Europe so they have to tweek it - grrr!
Jcam said:
...they said mine would be out in "the summer" as UK is different electric to USA and Europe so they have to tweek it - grrr!
Much as you hate to, I think you need to become a squeaky wheel to get this done. Complain. My high power wall charger came with installation instructions for both USA and Europe. There's a destination charger at a hotel in your town. If they can get one, you can too!

Copperhead said:
Yes you should!

Jcam said:
...they said mine would be out in "the summer" as UK is different electric to USA and Europe so they have to tweek it - grrr!
Much as you hate to, I think you need to become a squeaky wheel to get this done. Complain. My high power wall charger came with installation instructions for both USA and Europe. There's a destination charger at a hotel in your town. If they can get one, you can too!
are you sure as there wasn't one when I looked last - Ahh I know this place VERY large 5 star hotel where Bill Clinton Stays I am 100% certain they will have paid for theirs as its definitely their target market and its right on the edge of my town and probably for only their own guests

After reading this thread a few days ago, I applied with Air. They've informed me I 'qualify" and will send a free charger.
I did check my area on the Tesla map and found only one station withing 50 miles of here.
Now to research getting the electric done.

Copperhead said:
Yes you should!

Jcam said:
are you sure as there wasn't one when I looked last - Ahh I know this place VERY large 5 star hotel where Bill Clinton Stays I am 100% certain they will have paid for theirs as its definitely their target market and its right on the edge of my town and probably for only their own guests
Jcam said:
Yes, that's the one. Bill (we in Arkansas get to call him that) was there for a wedding.

Back