Texas Toast

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzie Q

Reaction score
Does anybody use Texas Toast for their French Toast? I was considering it for the baked variety. I bought some to experiment with and hubby said if I didn't return it and use Challah bread instead, this was the end, sighting (sp) that Challah is superior, and he is the better cook between us, SO THERE!
Your thoughts? Thanks!

We use Italian bread. I think the big secret is to not use plain old Wonder Bread. Challah is good bread to use. Texas Toast here is anything that is thick-sliced white bread. Does it mean something else where you are?
(The word you wanted was 'citing'.)

Haven't used Texas Toast. I have used brioche which is wonderful and very rich. This year I switched to using Arnold's Healtfull - a whole-grain bread. I think it tastes better than the plain French. We had to look a while to find a whole-grain that wasn't rye or caraway heavy - those flavors don't work as well for a blueberry pecan baked French toast like we do.

We use Italian bread. I think the big secret is to not use plain old Wonder Bread. Challah is good bread to use. Texas Toast here is anything that is thick-sliced white bread. Does it mean something else where you are?
(The word you wanted was 'citing'.).
Thanks, folks! I knew I wasn't using the right word, but it was too late in the day to think straight. :)

Just like making a grilled cheese, I like them all. I love grainy bread for F.T. but like thicker for the guests. TT works well, and freezes well. It all depends what you do with it.

I like to use French Bread, cut it on a diagonal and leave it out to completely dry before soaking overnight. In all my recipe-perusing, I have seen Challah recommended most of the time. I have also made a mexican pan dulce bread from scratch, rolled up with cinnamon sugar swirls. That makes a super yummy FT!

I've used TT before and it works well. The one we get around here is an eggy bread and it's yellow. Challah is great to use if you can get it and it's not too expensive, but TT works just fine.

yup it works great for french toast, although i have used all the ones mentioned-

Back