THANK HEAVENS FOR...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
...a companion thread to the "Deliver Me" one, because I had some really nice things happen today:
-Repeat guests who come across the country every year, stay in our largest room for two nights, ask for nothing, praise everything, and rebook on the way out the door (happily leaving a deposit).

Kiss them for me.
I love those guests.
cheers.gif

Sweet!
I, too, love my repeats because they (generally) ask so little and just like being here.

...walk in guests whose parents show up 3 months later on their recommendation.

Getting a compliment of "I had to stay at the B & B down the street when you all were on vacation-and it was just not the same..." from a repeat guest that has done the same thing Don
LOVE THEM!

Good idea, Don! It's a long summer, let's not get too bogged down too early.
I'm the one who did the Deliver Me thread, and it's been rough lately, so I needed the validation. But today, I got away for 3 hours and went to the beach, and I feel 99% better!

GPS in phones
Got a motorcyclist tonight thanks to one of those lovely little items.

The wonderful couple who just checked out. They were so nice, kind and happy. Their 3 young adult kids bought their 3 night stay with us for their 30th Anniversary. When we went to turn the room over, we found a $100 tip! Holy cow, that was a record for us and we would have been happy just because they were great people.

The wonderful couple who just checked out. They were so nice, kind and happy. Their 3 young adult kids bought their 3 night stay with us for their 30th Anniversary. When we went to turn the room over, we found a $100 tip! Holy cow, that was a record for us and we would have been happy just because they were great people..
Breakfast Diva said:
The wonderful couple who just checked out. They were so nice, kind and happy. Their 3 young adult kids bought their 3 night stay with us for their 30th Anniversary. When we went to turn the room over, we found a $100 tip! Holy cow, that was a record for us and we would have been happy just because they were great people.
thumbs_up.gif
Sweet!

The power only *blinking* off and not staying off during our severe thunderstorms this morning!

Guest going to Quanitico, he is here with his lovely wife, she will deliver him there and then go back to Georgia where he was stationed. He appeared "very fit" being a soldier, and went for a run around our hilly town this morning, so today I have the breakfast of champions, nothing sweet other than the peaches and greek yoghurt and pecan starter. When they checked in he said my favorite words in the world "See you at breakfast!" SCORE! The love shack wins another awesome couple to it ranks. My least favorite words, after I do the 50 cent tour and tell them "If you need anything you can ring this bell here..." and as I leave them they say "Where will YOU be in case we need to find you?" Not this couple
cheers.gif

Guest going to Quanitico, he is here with his lovely wife, she will deliver him there and then go back to Georgia where he was stationed. He appeared "very fit" being a soldier, and went for a run around our hilly town this morning, so today I have the breakfast of champions, nothing sweet other than the peaches and greek yoghurt and pecan starter. When they checked in he said my favorite words in the world "See you at breakfast!" SCORE! The love shack wins another awesome couple to it ranks. My least favorite words, after I do the 50 cent tour and tell them "If you need anything you can ring this bell here..." and as I leave them they say "Where will YOU be in case we need to find you?" Not this couple
cheers.gif
Yes, WHY do they do that? You won't need me, check the room binder!

This guest is CID and is going next to the new NCIS in Quantico. AND she is from Columbus GA where one of our innmates lives! I hope her ears were burning as I was talking about Columbus, she knows your house! Has been to historic district events. :)

Amazing repeat guests who bring you just-made-from-scratch Whoopie Pies from PA Dutch Country!!!! OH BABY!!!!!

For the alien that must have visited in the middle of the night and made the woman who was horrible on check-in a different person by the time she checked out.

Teenagers who read your FB page and bring you flowers. (Yes, I DO know how odd that sounds!)

Amazing repeat guests who bring you just-made-from-scratch Whoopie Pies from PA Dutch Country!!!! OH BABY!!!!!.
Just had one of our exhibitors who comes twice a year say her room that she had just checked into is really nice and we are doing an excellent job with the renovations and are doing really well!

Amazing repeat guests who bring you just-made-from-scratch Whoopie Pies from PA Dutch Country!!!! OH BABY!!!!!.
Just had one of our exhibitors who comes twice a year say her room that she had just checked into is really nice and we are doing an excellent job with the renovations and are doing really well!
Sweet! It's always a joy when repeats see the changes and like them!

An email inquiry from a guest with a reservation for next month that starts with "I know you must be overwhelmed with company this time of year, but I am hoping you can point me in the right direction..." THANK YOU for emailing instead of calling, and for acknowledging that it's the gangbusters season, now I'm happy to tell you every little blessed thing you'd like to know!

Back