Thank you all - we did well in the Best Of in Virginia Wine Lovers Mag!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egoodell

Reaction score
Hi all,
The magazine is finally out and thank you all who voted! We did super well and are thrilled. We won:
* Best B&B Central Virginia
* Best B&B Overall
* Best Wine Tour Company
And received second place in "Best Limo to Wineries"!
They also printed a photo of the inn with us in the inset - I'm going to try and put the scan in here.
You guys are the best!!!!
RIki
Bestsmall.jpg

Nice one and the pic looks good to hopefully will help business. Make sure you are facebooking, blogging and tweeting to get it out there!

Congrats! Do they have an online version of the magazine? If so, post the link so we can see it upfront and personal.

Congrats Riki! You guys deserve it. I can't wait to come see it all in person!

Congratulations, Riki! We can definitely attest to the winning combination of location, amenities and wine tour that you offer.
One thought for you - if there are some good external shots of your place (that nighttime one looks fab), see if you can get those for your own use. We had a pretty good outside shot of the inn so we didn't have Jumping Rocks spend any time on exteriors except for the back porch. It helped in us getting more photos that weren't duplicates of ones we already had.

CONGRATS...is this on line somewhere. I would like to look at it further as I see other names on the list I recognize :)

CONGRATS...is this on line somewhere. I would like to look at it further as I see other names on the list I recognize :).
Catlady,
I don't know if they will put this online. You can find the mag in any winery - do you have one near you? If not let me know and I will send you one. Give me your address privately.
RIki

Congratulations, Riki! We can definitely attest to the winning combination of location, amenities and wine tour that you offer.
One thought for you - if there are some good external shots of your place (that nighttime one looks fab), see if you can get those for your own use. We had a pretty good outside shot of the inn so we didn't have Jumping Rocks spend any time on exteriors except for the back porch. It helped in us getting more photos that weren't duplicates of ones we already had..
Muirford,
Thank you!!!
The nighttime shot is great because we will not be siding the brick wing until this winter. Chris blocked some time off and they will be siding the new wing this week! Yeah!
I think I will have Jumping Rocks just do two outside shots - you didnt' see the walkway flowers as we are just putting them in and I think they will get a great shot of that. I can't figure out how to do that but I bet they will.
The otner one will be from the winery up to the inn.
Otherwise, I'm getting them to do interior shots - whatever they think is best!
RIki

Catlady, I think the Best Of list is online now here:
http://virginiawinelover.com/issues/summer11/feat_summer11.php

Back