Thank you Card

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooseberry

Reaction score
Now this made my day....I just checked my snail mail and received a handwritten thank you card all the way from Italy, how happy they were staying with us and that they could not thank us enough.....
Gotta love those guests.....
Oh, they were walk-ins.....

Wow! I know you're behind a bit on the posts, but I had guests in July who handed out our brochures at home and then I had guests last week who received one of those brochures-in Italy!

Had a call yesterday from the lady that left Sunday to tell us what a wonderful time they had and also to say how much they liked the lunches (gave them for the ride home cause it was easier for me for that day). She said she was terrible about writing things and hoped the call would be considered a thank you note. A few months ago I got a hand-written thank you from a judge in PA. I thought that was a WOW because he, in addition to being the authority on Workman's Comp law in PA, also does a quarterly newsletter. One busy man!

Do any of the innkeeper send thank you notes to their guests for staying? I did that for two years for every guest that checked out with me. I sent a thank you post card. It was a lot of work doing that but I know some appreciated it and were surprised. I even had return customers because of it. It was hard to keep up with doing them with all the guests coming and going and sitting down at night writing them. Now I send everyone a thank you email through the Superinn system I use.

Do any of the innkeeper send thank you notes to their guests for staying? I did that for two years for every guest that checked out with me. I sent a thank you post card. It was a lot of work doing that but I know some appreciated it and were surprised. I even had return customers because of it. It was hard to keep up with doing them with all the guests coming and going and sitting down at night writing them. Now I send everyone a thank you email through the Superinn system I use..
oceans said:
Do any of the innkeeper send thank you notes to their guests for staying? I did that for two years for every guest that checked out with me. I sent a thank you post card. It was a lot of work doing that but I know some appreciated it and were surprised. I even had return customers because of it. It was hard to keep up with doing them with all the guests coming and going and sitting down at night writing them. Now I send everyone a thank you email through the Superinn system I use.
Every guest gets a thank you email from us. Has from day one. Whether I liked them or not. LOL!
Oddly enough, many reply and say they have never had one in their life and stayed at B&B often. Mine are personalized to the person, with the rest of it a cut n paste job. Ex: Anniv comment, or something about their trip or family we discussed, or a book we talked about. Like the B&B book - i might recommend and give them the link on Amazon. But I would have to read it first.
Being thrifty, I would prefer to use that STAMP as the same cost of a soda for the guest. We can't give everything away, so I will pick and choose the extras. A card is given HERE for an ocassion so I won't send out another. Much of my occupancy are special ocassions. This weekend we have three couples here together for a wine festival, it is their annual anniversary trip. They pick a diff B&B each year.
Send me info (email) any of you who would like them next year and I can recommend. . I have a couple places I will recommend already from first hand knowledge. Unless they are PITAS, of course

Do any of the innkeeper send thank you notes to their guests for staying? I did that for two years for every guest that checked out with me. I sent a thank you post card. It was a lot of work doing that but I know some appreciated it and were surprised. I even had return customers because of it. It was hard to keep up with doing them with all the guests coming and going and sitting down at night writing them. Now I send everyone a thank you email through the Superinn system I use..
oceans said:
Every guest gets a thank you email from us. Has from day one. Whether I liked them or not. LOL!
Oddly enough, many reply and say they have never had one in their life and stayed at B&B often. Mine are personalized to the person, with the rest of it a cut n paste job. Ex: Anniv comment, or something about their trip or family we discussed, or a book we talked about. Like the B&B book - i might recommend and give them the link on Amazon. But I would have to read it first.
Being thrifty, I would prefer to use that STAMP as the same cost of a soda for the guest. We can't give everything away, so I will pick and choose the extras. A card is given HERE for an ocassion so I won't send out another. Much of my occupancy are special ocassions. This weekend we have three couples here together for a wine festival, it is their annual anniversary trip. They pick a diff B&B each year.
Send me info (email) any of you who would like them next year and I can recommend. . I have a couple places I will recommend already from first hand knowledge. Unless they are PITAS, of course
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
I have a couple places I will recommend already from first hand knowledge. Unless they are PITAS, of course
The guests are PITA's or the innkeepers are?
wink_smile.gif
I mean it could go either way...you dislike the innkeepers and the guests are PITA's. Or, you're not sure yet if the guests are PITA's so won't recommend to innkeepers you like until you're sure.

I do what you do now. Never sent a postcard. I have the email set up and then I add a little 'color' with a mention of a conversation we had or someplace they mentioned they liked.
Unlike JBJ, I don't email guests we haven't gotten along with.

I do what you do now. Never sent a postcard. I have the email set up and then I add a little 'color' with a mention of a conversation we had or someplace they mentioned they liked.
Bree said:
I email still, but take out the please review us on such and such for the pitas.

Bree said:
I email still, but take out the please review us on such and such for the pitas.
I take out the review link for frequent guests or guests who just are not into internet anything. I had one who emailed back and said she'd love to do a review but could I explain how. The link is in the email, you click the link and then click the link that says 'write a review'. I emailed back and told her that it was a pleasure just to have her here and not to worry about it. I certainly didn't want to stress her!

I have sent a couple of handwritten postcards to some very special guests, usually after they have left me a gift or sent me a gift. I don't do it as a regular thing. I send out the SI thank you emails and customize it for each guest also with something about why they were here, something we talked about, something that we recommended to them that worked out...that kind of thing.
Edited to add: Sometimes I'll also take out the review link in my thank you email if it seems like something that would frustrate them. haha!

Bree said:
I take out the review link for frequent guests or guests who just are not into internet anything. I had one who emailed back and said she'd love to do a review but could I explain how. The link is in the email, you click the link and then click the link that says 'write a review'. I emailed back and told her that it was a pleasure just to have her here and not to worry about it. I certainly didn't want to stress her!
Just running thru doing the checkouts and realized I have sent fewer thank yous this month than all summer. Maybe I should send the thank yous anyway, but some guests just seemed not happy at all.

Bree said:
Just running thru doing the checkouts and realized I have sent fewer thank yous this month than all summer. Maybe I should send the thank yous anyway, but some guests just seemed not happy at all.
They may have seemed that way..but if you still send them a thank you ...at least thanking them for doing business with you. They may appreciate it. Then again...you may not want some of them back
devil_smile.gif

I wouldn't send thank you's to some of those PITA's you have had this summer.
pita.gif

Bree said:
People are probably reflecting the general state of affairs right now...folks have a lot of worries, even if they continue to vacation and all that. I'd send them out, except to the PITAs.
pita.gif

I just got a handwritten letter from a guest who was here a few weeks ago. She was here, going through her mother's estate and cleaning it all out, garage sale, the whole shebang, she was exhausted. She sent me one of her mother's kerchiefs because she noticed I wear one daily.
How sweet is that!??
heart.gif

I just got a handwritten letter from a guest who was here a few weeks ago. She was here, going through her mother's estate and cleaning it all out, garage sale, the whole shebang, she was exhausted. She sent me one of her mother's kerchiefs because she noticed I wear one daily.
How sweet is that!??
heart.gif
That is really sweet!

Bree said:
They may have seemed that way..but if you still send them a thank you ...at least thanking them for doing business with you. They may appreciate it. Then again...you may not want some of them back
devil_smile.gif

pita.gif

Most of these guests are a one-off. They'll never be back. This was the place they stopped on their way to their 'vacation'. But, you're right, I should thank them anyway, just delete the link to leave a review.
wink_smile.gif

Bree said:
devil_smile.gif

pita.gif

Most of these guests are a one-off. They'll never be back. This was the place they stopped on their way to their 'vacation'. But, you're right, I should thank them anyway, just delete the link to leave a review.
wink_smile.gif

Even if they'll never be back, they still have friends that they talk to that might visit you!

Bree said:
devil_smile.gif

pita.gif

wink_smile.gif

Even if they'll never be back, they still have friends that they talk to that might visit you!
Samster said:
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of...3 rooms this weekend were here because of someone else who stayed here (never heard of her). Ditto another 2 rooms come to think of it. And a guest who left this morning said her sister set up the whole vacation and she had been here before as well. Never heard of any of them!
Still, I will go back over the past 2 weeks and send those thank you's.

Bree said:
devil_smile.gif

pita.gif

wink_smile.gif

Samster said:
My theory exactly! They can review you, they can talk...let them talk about receiving a thank you from the INN. Other than my inn-mates here, I have yet to receive a thank you from an Innkeeper. Email, card or otherwise.

Bree said:
devil_smile.gif

pita.gif

wink_smile.gif

Samster said:
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of...3 rooms this weekend were here because of someone else who stayed here (never heard of her). Ditto another 2 rooms come to think of it. And a guest who left this morning said her sister set up the whole vacation and she had been here before as well. Never heard of any of them!
Bree said:
Samster said:
This is how important it is to me, I have a reminder in outlook to RESEND one that bounced to England as his email was filled to capacity since being gone 2 weeks. I want to make sure he gets our thank you. Does it make a difference? I really have no idea, but it is what I do.
Do y'all remember I used to take pics of guests and send with the thank you? Well now EVERYBODY has a digicam, some couples have TWO, so I offer to take one with their camera, but not my own. I did that for nearly 3 years every guest! When I sent it to them I put the INN name on the border of the pic as I was sure they would fwd it to their family and friends. My little world of marketing.

Back