Thank you for this site!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbid

Reaction score
I stumbled on this Innspiring site a few months ago and have really enjoyed reading a lot of the postings. There have been a few about what several of you have found in the sheets that I could have done without but, nevertheless, I just wanted to say thanks to the creator of this site. As far as I can tell it is “Swirt”. Correct me if I am wrong. Is there anything that I should or can do to advance the site or enable it to bring in revenue? It is a bright spot in the day to check over some forum topics. Thanks.

Hi Bigbid and thank you. I am glad you are enjoying the site.
As far as support, I appreciate the offer ... it is pretty simple. If you see an ad that interests you, go have a look ... if it leads to a product that you end up buying, that's all the better. If there are types of ads that you'd like to see / be more likely to use, let me know and I will see what I can do.

I want to add another thank you. This site is so helpful with practical advice and also with providing solace to those afflicted with wacky guests, neighbors, vendors or whatever comes our way. It is a bit of stress relief to sit down and catch up with the posts. Thank you!

Thanks, but really don't thank me. I'm just the nuts n bolts ....probably heavier on the nuts. ;) It is the cast of people that participate here that give the site its' value.

Thanks, but really don't thank me. I'm just the nuts n bolts ....probably heavier on the nuts. ;) It is the cast of people that participate here that give the site its' value..
YEah but without your bolts and "nuts" we would be nowhere. Thanks for all you do!!!

Thanks, but really don't thank me. I'm just the nuts n bolts ....probably heavier on the nuts. ;) It is the cast of people that participate here that give the site its' value..
YEah but without your bolts and "nuts" we would be nowhere. Thanks for all you do!!!
catlady said:
I just laughed guffawed outloud at a most inopportune time.

lol
embaressed_smile.gif

I find this more helpful and informative than joining any b & b association.

I find this more helpful and informative than joining any b & b association..
Victoria, although this Forum is VERY informative, I strongly advise joining a B & B Association. And my advice is that if it is not a strong Association, get involved and make it strong.
Our Association monitors Legislative issues. It markets our members. Your State Association can, by virtue of numbers, get changes made for your benefit - just as PAII by virtue of numbers of members has been able to get the 1000 lb gorilla to sit down with him and at least listen (and even start to consider changes).
I also thank Swirt for the strikeout function here. I was writing a vehement e-mail and wanted a strikeout word - so I came here and typed the word with the strikeout and did a copy/paste in my e-mail! It worked. THANKS!!!

Adding another accolade for this site and all the great inn-mates I've met here. Thank you sooo much Swirt and everybody else. Lots of long distance hand holding and advice. All the best to everybody.

Victoria, although this Forum is VERY informative, I strongly advise joining a B & B Association. And my advice is that if it is not a strong Association, get involved and make it strong.
Our Association monitors Legislative issues. It markets our members. Your State Association can, by virtue of numbers, get changes made for your benefit - just as PAII by virtue of numbers of members has been able to get the 1000 lb gorilla to sit down with him and at least listen (and even start to consider changes).
I also thank Swirt for the strikeout function here. I was writing a vehement e-mail and wanted a strikeout word - so I came here and typed the word with the strikeout and did a copy/paste in my e-mail! It worked. THANKS!!!
Actually Kathleen if there were even one person as knowledgeable as you at our provincial b & b association, I would join in a flash.
More than 1/2 of the b & b's have actually quit the association, due to disappointment. But after what you just said to me, I really think I will join this year and get the ball rolling again. Thank you for that.

Actually Kathleen if there were even one person as knowledgeable as you at our provincial b & b association, I would join in a flash.
More than 1/2 of the b & b's have actually quit the association, due to disappointment. But after what you just said to me, I really think I will join this year and get the ball rolling again. Thank you for that.
You are quite welcome. Remember - your answer to anyone who says the association is worthless, is to remind them that an association is only as good as its members make it.

You are quite welcome. Remember - your answer to anyone who says the association is worthless, is to remind them that an association is only as good as its members make it.
an association is only as good as its members make it.
Here here! That is what I have said all along. Don't be part of the problem...be part of the solution!

"Remember - your answer to anyone who says the association is worthless, is to remind them that an association is only as good as its members make it."
This is such a true statement! Our state association has gone from a dysfunctional mess to a thriving, productive, educational and financially solid group that is now marketing it's members really well. Now I can proudly say that any innkeeper in our state that does not join is missing out. The only reason it was able to turn around (and it took years) was that we (members) got involved, volunteered our time and energy. I did my time on the board and now am happy to say that others are capably handling things.
It can happen, just don't give up, but do give of your time and expertise.

"You are only as strong as your weakest link."
(I have no idea why that quote came to mind).
If you can donate time and expertise to the cause then I say go for it! Not everyone is able to do that. It seems there is enough battle going on in so many areas of running a business today. You could be full time + without actually even running the business.
The forum is where I have met some wonderful innkeepers. The forum. :)
The forum is also where I can get a good dose of 'bang head here' from time to time. Hey, keeps it lively - we're all in this together.

I am lucky the chair woman of our local association (www.accomodationharrogate.co.uk) is excellent and is on every tourism related committee and fights tirelessly on our behalf (the other comittee people are good to) the only things we struggle with is more joint advertising as people can't agree as we have about 50 members and they all have their own ideas. However I am all for pushing B&B's as the Big Boys in our town (they are called Destination Harrogate around 15 big hotels) try to take most of the trade so we have to be more organised and fast moving to beat them. For example we are all part of an email group so if people are looking for rooms at a busy time we can offer as a free service to email round for them to find out who has accomodation and then they will get in touch. Its good for the customer good for us as it is commission free and it cost nothing to set up.

No offense, but Jay wouldn't allow me to put a plug for innspiring.com on the PAII forum. If you're going to promote them here, you ought to promote us there. Just my opinion...

Diplomatically removed :)

Back