THANK YOU STEVE!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheers.gif

But it was fun to see some grand old posts, and some grand old names that aren't appearing here any more.

But it was fun to see some grand old posts, and some grand old names that aren't appearing here any more..
Arkansawyer said:
But it was fun to see some grand old posts, and some grand old names that aren't appearing here any more.
May they rest in peace.
One day I hope to be on that list...

But it was fun to see some grand old posts, and some grand old names that aren't appearing here any more..
Arkansawyer said:
May they rest in peace.
Joey Bloggs said:
Arkansawyer said:
May they rest in peace.
Please - be a former innkeeper but do not go away!!!

Sorry everyone for the enormous inconvenience of having so much spam dumped in our place. My spam countermeasures failed misearably on this one and I am still trying to disect how and why.
Sorry it has cluttered up the "recent activity" list on the home page so baddly. (Remeber, if it says "updated" but shows nothing new under "replies" then that indicates it was spammed, and the comment was removed so there are no replies to see. You can safely skip it and move on.

Sorry everyone for the enormous inconvenience of having so much spam dumped in our place. My spam countermeasures failed misearably on this one and I am still trying to disect how and why.
Sorry it has cluttered up the "recent activity" list on the home page so baddly. (Remeber, if it says "updated" but shows nothing new under "replies" then that indicates it was spammed, and the comment was removed so there are no replies to see. You can safely skip it and move on..
I can't find it now..but i thought somewhere on here there was a way to mark all of your messages as READ so you don't have to go through all of them. Am I wrong? If not, where is it?

Sorry it has cluttered up the "recent activity" list on the home page so baddly. (Remeber, if it says "updated" but shows nothing new under "replies" then that indicates it was spammed, and the comment was removed so there are no replies to see. You can safely skip it and move on..
I can't find it now..but i thought somewhere on here there was a way to mark all of your messages as READ so you don't have to go through all of them. Am I wrong? If not, where is it?
catlady said:
If you go to the innkeeping forum page, there is an option to mark all as read. It seems like what that does is change them on that page but it doesn't remove them from the 'unread posts' column on the right.

catlady said:
If you go to the innkeeping forum page, there is an option to mark all as read. It seems like what that does is change them on that page but it doesn't remove them from the 'unread posts' column on the right.
It removed all of them for me. Thanks!

swirt said:
Surely the "hackist" wouldn't spend all the time necessary to flank your counter-measures just to target this one site. They must have found a way to attack many similar sites at the same time. Of course, even then it doesn't make much sense. I can't imagine that such lengthy, annoying posts do anything for the hackist other than giving some odd self-satisfaction at making a lot of people mad at them.

Sorry again. Something I enabled as a second anti-spam measure is banning a lot of legitimate posts. IF it happens to you (and you are not a spammer bot) don't sweat it, I will make it appear shortly. Hopefully I will have the sensitivity on these traps set correctly.

swirt said:
Surely the "hackist" wouldn't spend all the time necessary to flank your counter-measures just to target this one site. They must have found a way to attack many similar sites at the same time. Of course, even then it doesn't make much sense. I can't imagine that such lengthy, annoying posts do anything for the hackist other than giving some odd self-satisfaction at making a lot of people mad at them.
These were by bots, for Search engine bots. They don't care about the human readers of this forum.

Sorry again. Something I enabled as a second anti-spam measure is banning a lot of legitimate posts. IF it happens to you (and you are not a spammer bot) don't sweat it, I will make it appear shortly. Hopefully I will have the sensitivity on these traps set correctly..
How could I be upset at you, my B&B owe you it's life!

Sorry again. Something I enabled as a second anti-spam measure is banning a lot of legitimate posts. IF it happens to you (and you are not a spammer bot) don't sweat it, I will make it appear shortly. Hopefully I will have the sensitivity on these traps set correctly..
swirt said:
Sorry again. Something I enabled as a second anti-spam measure is banning a lot of legitimate posts. IF it happens to you (and you are not a spammer bot) don't sweat it, I will make it appear shortly. Hopefully I will have the sensitivity on these traps set correctly.
Thank you! It seems to have worked, all the banned posts showed up. Not that everyone could not have lived without those pithy bits of advice, but nice to not be banned any longer!

Back