Thank You

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happykeeper

Reaction score
Mahalo to everyone for the wonderful information you share in these forums. If you ever get to thinking that what you have to add wouldn't matter, just remember that in the short time I have been a member, we have gleaned a wealth of information that has resulted in us making actual changes or considering them. It has shown me just how much there is to learn and how little I know about my job. It is one gem after another from a variety of regular and occasional contributors. We're grateful and I wanted to let you know it. Aloha

HEAR! HEAR!
This is the most invaluable resource to innkeepers there is, anywhere. (Sorry to all the conferences and training seminars) but here you get the deep down and dirty! The truth about innkeeping. :)

THanks Knkbnb. Couldn't do it with out contributions like yours.

HEAR! HEAR!
This is the most invaluable resource to innkeepers there is, anywhere. (Sorry to all the conferences and training seminars) but here you get the deep down and dirty! The truth about innkeeping. :).
That is the truth. I have learned from everyone here more infomation than I will ever get at any convention. The real innkeepers are the best to learn from.

It gets in your blood!
Dh said a minute ago as the guests were seated "Do you think you would come back here as a guest in 10 years with diff owners?" We had a good laugh about it. I said "How could I, I would burst in this kitchen and start cooking!" It really does get in your blood. When the gets are not here you miss them!

I agree...I've learned so much here. Still learning!
regular_smile.gif

HEAR! HEAR!
This is the most invaluable resource to innkeepers there is, anywhere. (Sorry to all the conferences and training seminars) but here you get the deep down and dirty! The truth about innkeeping. :).
Unless it is a seminar by a real innkeeper. Socks & Christine, did I tell it like it is?
Edited to add that this Forum definitely DOES cover more than any Seminar could begin to cover and gets a lot of different viewpoints - that is its greatest gift IMNVHO, a gift I keep receiving.

HEAR! HEAR!
Unless it is a seminar by a real innkeeper. Socks & Christine, did I tell it like it is?
Edited to add that this Forum definitely DOES cover more than any Seminar could begin to cover and gets a lot of different viewpoints - that is its greatest gift IMNVHO, a gift I keep receiving.
gillumhouse said:
Yes, you tell it like it is.
But as you say, the forum has the advantage of many viewpoints. And simply volume. There's only so much you can cover in one day (or even two) while we have amassed information that would take too long to convey in a seminar. Plus, if there's a particular issue of interest, all it takes is a quick question, and voila!
Speaking of which, as much as I love hydrogen peroxide, I'm frustrated by some stains... maybe I'll start another thread.
=)
Kk.

the back & forth conversation definately proves, without a doubt, that we all have ideas that we can share. also, for me, (and i feel i can pretty much speak for everyone on this) it is also nice to know that there are others out here very likely experiencing the same things as you, the good , the bad & the ugly! not only is this a learning forum, its a stress relieving forum, a shoulder to cry on forum,an advice forum, you name it.
i know i have mentioned this before a long while back but, my friends & family have little to no realistic concept of what a day in the life of me is like. they tell me it must be nice to "hang around the house allday" do my crafts, take a nap, blah blah blah. i say "yeah, i bet it is nice, is it?"
my point being is, when the innkeeping world gets a little lonely & i'm feeling a little misunderstood, i can visit the forum and participate or just lurk, if i feel like it.

the back & forth conversation definately proves, without a doubt, that we all have ideas that we can share. also, for me, (and i feel i can pretty much speak for everyone on this) it is also nice to know that there are others out here very likely experiencing the same things as you, the good , the bad & the ugly! not only is this a learning forum, its a stress relieving forum, a shoulder to cry on forum,an advice forum, you name it.
i know i have mentioned this before a long while back but, my friends & family have little to no realistic concept of what a day in the life of me is like. they tell me it must be nice to "hang around the house allday" do my crafts, take a nap, blah blah blah. i say "yeah, i bet it is nice, is it?"
my point being is, when the innkeeping world gets a little lonely & i'm feeling a little misunderstood, i can visit the forum and participate or just lurk, if i feel like it..
mollysmom said:
I get that from a family member whose house looks like a bomb went off. Their dishwasher is dirty. How can you have a dirty dishwasher for Pete's sake? But, it must be nice that I get to be home (as is she) and take vacation when I want to (except summer when everyone wants me to go with them). What's she's really peeved about is that my kids are gone and my husband is my partner, not another kid. Never caught on when I was raising 2 kids by myself, working FT and going to college PT that my house was still in better shape with no one helping me at all.

my point being is, when the innkeeping world gets a little lonely & i'm feeling a little misunderstood, i can visit the forum and participate or just lurk, if i feel like it..
mollysmom said:
my point being is, when the innkeeping world gets a little lonely & i'm feeling a little misunderstood, i can visit the forum and participate or just lurk, if i feel like it.
MM, I concurr everything you have written above. While on vacation the other female in the party was giving ME ironing tips, and telling me about the chemical she sprays to dewrinkle her sons tshirts. I can't remember exactly if I left to use the restroom when I had the blood shoot out of my eyes. WHAT THE HECK DOES SHE THINK I DO OVER HERE? Make daisy chains?
I was gone for one week and after her glazed over eyes on ONE simple topic about our business and guests I never said ONE OTHER WORD.
Like I told the other innkeepers I met up in person with recently - I HAVE STORIES! LET ME TELL STORIES! THEY ARE FUNNY TOO! That is what we gain from this business - stories for life. So instead you all get to hear them. :)
This is indeed the place to share, vent, laugh, ask, anything and everything. We even have someone in our business - like spouse who doesn't get much of it! When I talk about 'stain removal' he leaves the room. Gee thanks.

mollysmom said:
MM, I concurr everything you have written above. While on vacation the other female in the party was giving ME ironing tips, and telling me about the chemical she sprays to dewrinkle her sons tshirts. I can't remember exactly if I left to use the restroom when I had the blood shoot out of my eyes. WHAT THE HECK DOES SHE THINK I DO OVER HERE? Make daisy chains?
I was gone for one week and after her glazed over eyes on ONE simple topic about our business and guests I never said ONE OTHER WORD.
Like I told the other innkeepers I met up in person with recently - I HAVE STORIES! LET ME TELL STORIES! THEY ARE FUNNY TOO! That is what we gain from this business - stories for life. So instead you all get to hear them. :)
This is indeed the place to share, vent, laugh, ask, anything and everything. We even have someone in our business - like spouse who doesn't get much of it! When I talk about 'stain removal' he leaves the room. Gee thanks.
The other day they published the list of the newly signed recruits for the university football team. Looking over the list for the heck of it I noticed one kid was from Abberley House's town. I e-mailed her asking if she knew them and she wrote back no but she sent an address. I wrote a note congratulating them on their son's scholarship and told them that as a courtesy to Abberley House (which is how I knew about your son) I am offering you a 10% discount during your son's career at the U.
I am all excited about this little bit of marketing and telling DH about it. He barely said oh before noticing some deer along the highway as we were driving along. Gee, thanks!! Standard though. If it isn't his "toys", art, medicals, or one of HIS stories that I have heard 1000 times in the last 35 years...... How important can it be?

mollysmom said:
The other day they published the list of the newly signed recruits for the university football team. Looking over the list for the heck of it I noticed one kid was from Abberley House's town. I e-mailed her asking if she knew them and she wrote back no but she sent an address. I wrote a note congratulating them on their son's scholarship and told them that as a courtesy to Abberley House (which is how I knew about your son) I am offering you a 10% discount during your son's career at the U.
I am all excited about this little bit of marketing and telling DH about it. He barely said oh before noticing some deer along the highway as we were driving along. Gee, thanks!! Standard though. If it isn't his "toys", art, medicals, or one of HIS stories that I have heard 1000 times in the last 35 years...... How important can it be?
Congrats on a great marketing idea!

Oh wow, that is so cool!!! There has to be a way I can use that idea!!!!
And yet, if I tried to tell my sister she would totally not get it...
=)
Kk.

=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
That's why you have us!! We get it!

Back