Thanks from new B&B!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjsgeorgia

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks from a new B&B, Aska Lodge, in Blue Ridge, Georgia. We opened in May 2008 and I wish we had found this site then. Just stumbled on it last week, and already have had many of our "what ifs" and "how to handle" questions answered. WOW...you guys are awesome! It's so nice that seasoned innkeepers are so willing to share their hard-earned knowledge with us rookies. I feel certain that knowledge came with a price!!!, so I appreciate not having to make some of the mistakes that you all share on the forum. I know I've already made enough mistakes of my own...this is definitely a learning process! So...thank you from both my husband and myself. Gotta go clean a room...MJS

Hi MJS :welcome:
Glad you've found some useful things on this forum already. Be sure to ask if you have questions. Also don't forget to take advantage of some incoming link love by filling out your profile and completing the Featured Inn Ad. It may not bring you guests directly, but it can help with improving your search position. (it also keeps us from getting bored by seeing the same ads repeated)
Welcome again and make yourself at home. ;)

Hi MJS :welcome:
Glad you've found some useful things on this forum already. Be sure to ask if you have questions. Also don't forget to take advantage of some incoming link love by filling out your profile and completing the Featured Inn Ad. It may not bring you guests directly, but it can help with improving your search position. (it also keeps us from getting bored by seeing the same ads repeated)
Welcome again and make yourself at home. ;).
welcome! what a pretty location you have!

Welcome MJS! We're glad you are here. Some of the beauty of this forum is that we have all walks of innkeeping, from dreamers, to aspiring to perspiring!
I will look at your website, we can also refer guests when we get the chance, once we get to know other innkeepers on the forum.
Example: Every time I have a guest hand me their LLBEAN credit card I mention our innkeeper in LLBEAN-Ville to them.
Now for the best part of this forum from a newby is you can ask questions that you think you should really already know but were afraid to ask, or had noone to ask until it came up. ASK AWAY! I got on the forum (the prev model) end of year 1 running an inn and I learned so much so rapidly from the others there.
All the best.

Welcome MJS! We're glad you are here. Some of the beauty of this forum is that we have all walks of innkeeping, from dreamers, to aspiring to perspiring!
I will look at your website, we can also refer guests when we get the chance, once we get to know other innkeepers on the forum.
Example: Every time I have a guest hand me their LLBEAN credit card I mention our innkeeper in LLBEAN-Ville to them.
Now for the best part of this forum from a newby is you can ask questions that you think you should really already know but were afraid to ask, or had noone to ask until it came up. ASK AWAY! I got on the forum (the prev model) end of year 1 running an inn and I learned so much so rapidly from the others there.
All the best..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Heee hee now we know why that innkeeper has been a PITA magnet this year. You've been sending them her way LOL

Howdy neighbor!! I live about 1 hour South of you. We're going to be up your way in a few weeks to visit the apple houses, YUM!

Hi MJS, I just went to your website and before I even viewed a thing, I thought, Hey Fall Foliage Report (since yesterday was the first day of fall) and then it populated in my window.
May I suggest whoever does your website, yourself or someone, have all OUTGOING LINKS open in a new window. Many people do not use the BACK feature (me being one of them since we have mutliple windows in all browsers now) in a browser and I had to come back on here to find your B&B name again.
I would hate for you to lose prospective guests $$ when they shoot off and get lost in another website. Same for the bandb.com awards. Okay I will now go back and try not to click away...
wink_smile.gif

All the best..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Heee hee now we know why that innkeeper has been a PITA magnet this year. You've been sending them her way LOL
swirt said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
So basically what you are saying is anyone with an LLBEAN credit card is a PITA? Hm, I will have to go back and review my guest notes. tee hee hee

Welcome from the midwest. I love your area, would like to visit someday.
Your web site looks very nice, but like JBJ said, you should have each new click open a new window instead of going away from you main web site.

Your web site looks very nice, but like JBJ said, you should have each new click open a new window instead of going away from you main web site..
Thanks guys for the suggestion, already fixed! My brother helped me set up the website but I now control it so just hopped right on and made those changes! Our website is still a work in progress also...I like the content but am not sure about the "presentation"...it looks a little too "busy" to me so I'll be making some changes along those lines. But I appreciate the help/suggestions and please, if anyone's in the area, give me a call and stop by to say hello!...MJS

:welcome: !!!
I've been open a little over a year... tons of things not done yet, and website is far from what it will become. A little bit every day and we'll get there.
Glad you're here!
=)
Kk.

Your web site looks very nice, but like JBJ said, you should have each new click open a new window instead of going away from you main web site..
Thanks guys for the suggestion, already fixed! My brother helped me set up the website but I now control it so just hopped right on and made those changes! Our website is still a work in progress also...I like the content but am not sure about the "presentation"...it looks a little too "busy" to me so I'll be making some changes along those lines. But I appreciate the help/suggestions and please, if anyone's in the area, give me a call and stop by to say hello!...MJS
mjsgeorgia said:
Good deal! You are savvy! A website is always a work in progress. Like your FALL stuff, you can change it all out per season. The big thing, imo, not everyone knows about the GA mountains, we learn this stuff by looking at your website, you have some cool sites of interest there. Plus your place looks awesome!

Welcome! :welcome: I hope to learn a lot from you!
Do you like your reservation system? Yours is one of a very few places I've seen it "live", and I'm wondering how well it works from the innkeeper's side.

Welcome! We are new innkeepers - guess I can't say that now... we've been innkeepers for just over a year now... Still learning a lot! Blue Ridge, GA is a beautiful place... I used to live in Clayton (in a past life) and drove over to Blue Ridge on several occasions and a property in Jasper. That part of the state is very popular - cooler weather than Atlanta during the summer - people wanting to escape the heat in the city!! and the leaf watchers in the fall! Best of luck to you both!

Welcome! :welcome: I hope to learn a lot from you!
Do you like your reservation system? Yours is one of a very few places I've seen it "live", and I'm wondering how well it works from the innkeeper's side..
We absolutely LOVE Reservation Nexus...so easy to work with and the support is wonderful too. Probably over half of our reservations come through them...even some already from England and Germany! Guests comment that it's easy to use, they like to see what's available instantly. No problems so far. I like that you have your own ResNexus support staff person who trained you and that you deal with all the time, you get to know them and they know you. Mine even sends me pix of his new granddaughter! Email me or call if you have any other questions...

We aren't too far from you & are newbies too, opened in March. We like the NE Georgia Mountains. Haven't been to your area...just Dahlonega.
Welcome!

Back