That Darn Duplicate Data Dilemma

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PAII forum is getting hot and heavy. Check out Wan daridotcom. I suspect you will find your home page copied there. Virtually anything that could be a B&B is listed in my state

PAII forum is getting hot and heavy. Check out Wan daridotcom. I suspect you will find your home page copied there. Virtually anything that could be a B&B is listed in my state.
Interesting. They took the page right from Facebook. Mostly because the site is run by buuteeq and they have done free FB pages for some B&B's.

Just remember, nothing in business that has real value is free. There's always a price to be paid...unfortunately, it's not always evident at the beginning. I'm so glad I've always said no to 'booteak'. And boy, they come at you from many different sides...and not always with the same business name. Beware everyone.

Just remember, nothing in business that has real value is free. There's always a price to be paid...unfortunately, it's not always evident at the beginning. I'm so glad I've always said no to 'booteak'. And boy, they come at you from many different sides...and not always with the same business name. Beware everyone..
Breakfast Diva said:
Just remember, nothing in business that has real value is free. There's always a price to be paid...unfortunately, it's not always evident at the beginning.
After a year, I caved. I got the free FB page from them. I don't even see it show on my stats page. Maybe with the new timeline it will start to show up because now you can see it. Before it was buried in a list of stuff. And, I changed the title of it as well.
I do need to find the directions for how to go in and edit it.

Just say NO has worked for me in so many things. That was one of them.

Just remember, nothing in business that has real value is free. There's always a price to be paid...unfortunately, it's not always evident at the beginning. I'm so glad I've always said no to 'booteak'. And boy, they come at you from many different sides...and not always with the same business name. Beware everyone..
Breakfast Diva said:
Just remember, nothing in business that has real value is free. There's always a price to be paid...unfortunately, it's not always evident at the beginning.
After a year, I caved. I got the free FB page from them. I don't even see it show on my stats page. Maybe with the new timeline it will start to show up because now you can see it. Before it was buried in a list of stuff. And, I changed the title of it as well.
Madeleine said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Have you checked to see if they've duplicated your site? Do a google search using your inn's name then add their name.

PAII forum is getting hot and heavy. Check out Wan daridotcom. I suspect you will find your home page copied there. Virtually anything that could be a B&B is listed in my state.
Interesting. They took the page right from Facebook. Mostly because the site is run by buuteeq and they have done free FB pages for some B&B's.
Madeleine said:
Copied mine as well.

Madeleine said:
Copied mine as well.
You need to contact them and insist they remove it because you did not give them permission. Down the road it can hurt your organic google listing.

This article deals with two separate things.
1) Plagiarism
2) Duplicate Content.
What is didn't mention is that many directories that offer to kick start your listing for you often copy the content directly from your site, bbonline used to do this (not sure if they still do) and this was back when in their system you couldn't edit the description yourself.
Word of warning, review your directory listings and make sure you are not using content duplicated from your site. Then go one step further and make sure that the description you are using on one directory is not he same description you are using on another directory. Get the most bang for your buck by not having your directory listings competing against each other.

This article deals with two separate things.
1) Plagiarism
2) Duplicate Content.
What is didn't mention is that many directories that offer to kick start your listing for you often copy the content directly from your site, bbonline used to do this (not sure if they still do) and this was back when in their system you couldn't edit the description yourself.
Word of warning, review your directory listings and make sure you are not using content duplicated from your site. Then go one step further and make sure that the description you are using on one directory is not he same description you are using on another directory. Get the most bang for your buck by not having your directory listings competing against each other..
cheers.gif

May I suggest you have your camera handy, take photos in diff seasons to use in diff places online. Also have a short description, long description and various other descriptions of your inn.
Think about this like this, if you apply for a job you send a cover letter addressing your strengths for that PARTICULAR job. Say there is another job you also apply for at a diff company, slightly diff job title - you send a slightly diff cover letter addressing your strengths for that job and why you would be an asset to that company. So have a few up your sleeve, variations "slightly" about your B&B. Use them.

Madeleine said:
Copied mine as well.
You need to contact them and insist they remove it because you did not give them permission. Down the road it can hurt your organic google listing.
It's not my rooms page they copied. It's a list of my rooms from the app they created on FB.

Back