"That's the same price as a hotel!"

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had people book with me and comment that they avoided some of the other local B&B's because they were too cheap. They were afraid of what they'd get (or not get) I suppose..
Every time I see the title of this thread my mind screams this answer. "Oh my! I guess I should raise the rates."

I've had people book with me and comment that they avoided some of the other local B&B's because they were too cheap. They were afraid of what they'd get (or not get) I suppose..
Every time I see the title of this thread my mind screams this answer. "Oh my! I guess I should raise the rates."
gillumhouse said:
Had a couple who had stayed several nights at another property call us this week. Wanted the price. I told her and then gave her a better room for that same price because I didn't feel like cleaning the room I quoted the price on. (Yes, odd, I know.)
Figured she would last one day and then go back to the other place. No, they actually liked it here and said they would rather come back here than the other place. Totally surprised me because I've read the reviews at the other place and most of them run along the lines of, 'Why stay anywhere else?'
The point of that being we are quite a bit higher than the place they previously stayed.

gillumhouse said:
Had a couple who had stayed several nights at another property call us this week. Wanted the price. I told her and then gave her a better room for that same price because I didn't feel like cleaning the room I quoted the price on. (Yes, odd, I know.)
Figured she would last one day and then go back to the other place. No, they actually liked it here and said they would rather come back here than the other place. Totally surprised me because I've read the reviews at the other place and most of them run along the lines of, 'Why stay anywhere else?'
The point of that being we are quite a bit higher than the place they previously stayed.
Wanted the price. I told her and then gave her a better room for that same price because I didn't feel like cleaning the room I quoted the price on.
I am sooo glad I am not the only one! I have given the Gillum when I quoted the Harris because I just did NOT feel like going upstairs one more time To get things ready.
Congrats on getting them. Price is not everything. INNKEEPERS make a huge difference!

Back