The Aggro Effect

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Once again, delightful guest this morning - unlike The Aggro Man who checked in last night. I was foretelling an awful stay from this particular room. When I mentioned to DH he said to me "Why are you worried about that 'little man'?" I quickly said he has small mans or something bad!
When asked if they drink coffee during the check in tour, to show them the coffee area - he growled NO, then continued to growl the whole check in process. (Another reason I take payment at check out, one of my main reasons! I want them to pay when they are happy and have had a wonderful stay! Asking this man for his credit card? Uh no thanks.)
Right now he is down having coffee and chatting with other guests as I type this! Friendly, nice, genuine.
whattha.gif

My theory still holds - those who come in off the road are always aggro. Give em a good night sleep and some great coffee and it does wonders!

cheers.gif
You go girl! and they will probably refer you to all their friends as well!!

Maybe not, toilet clogged up and wouldn't flush. THIS TOILET HAS NEVER CLOGGED in 5 years. A couple others "do" this one do-not.
wink_smile.gif

Maybe not, toilet clogged up and wouldn't flush. THIS TOILET HAS NEVER CLOGGED in 5 years. A couple others "do" this one do-not.
wink_smile.gif
oops, I guess I spoke too soon, and on that note, I have had to change out 5, yes FIVE toilet seats in the last 3 months. Very upset about the last one, a lovely clear and very expensive thing with fish swimming around (no, not real ones) which was perfect in the Captain's Quarters.
Talk about things going doing the toilet around us!

wink_smile.gif
oops, I guess I spoke too soon, and on that note, I have had to change out 5, yes FIVE toilet seats in the last 3 months. Very upset about the last one, a lovely clear and very expensive thing with fish swimming around (no, not real ones) which was perfect in the Captain's Quarters.
This made me laugh. The first time this one former co-worker/friend visited, she came down in the morning to tell me she had broken my bed. being a bit of a "wide-load" she knew the chair with arms in the room would not work so she oonched up onto the bed to put on her shoes, pushing the box spring against the rail that held it all up which spread it and let the slats fall.
The next time she visited - 7 years later, she sat on the end of the bench we had put at the end of the bed (to replace the too narrow chair) instead of the middle of it and it upended, throwing her against the post of the 4-poster bed. The piano wire and lag bolts DH installed to reair the previous visit held, but there is now about 1/4 inch of bare wood at the junction of the footboard and the post.
Fast forward to 2007. She comes again. This time she comes down and says, I think I broke your toilet seat (new bathroom created in 2006).
I donate a certificate to her Women's Club auction every year and she says she will be bidding on it this year again. I wonder what..........

wink_smile.gif
This made me laugh. The first time this one former co-worker/friend visited, she came down in the morning to tell me she had broken my bed. being a bit of a "wide-load" she knew the chair with arms in the room would not work so she oonched up onto the bed to put on her shoes, pushing the box spring against the rail that held it all up which spread it and let the slats fall.
The next time she visited - 7 years later, she sat on the end of the bench we had put at the end of the bed (to replace the too narrow chair) instead of the middle of it and it upended, throwing her against the post of the 4-poster bed. The piano wire and lag bolts DH installed to reair the previous visit held, but there is now about 1/4 inch of bare wood at the junction of the footboard and the post.
Fast forward to 2007. She comes again. This time she comes down and says, I think I broke your toilet seat (new bathroom created in 2006).
I donate a certificate to her Women's Club auction every year and she says she will be bidding on it this year again. I wonder what..........
Are you sure you can afford to have her visit you again?

BTW, had 'aggro woman' here. I followed your advice and assumed her aloofness and non-committal responses were 'road weariness'. The only words I heard from her the entire time were uttered to her husband, 'No, this isn't the place we stayed last time. Whatever.' The total conversation sounding like, 'And if I were making this decision we wouldn't be staying here now.' (Last minute walk-in.)
He came for coffee this AM, chatted but did not eat. She came out of the room after 11, walked out the door and never said a word. So, seriously, last night's 'conversation' was all I heard out of her.
They left late and I have to be somewhere today. Quilt and blanket covered with grape soda. Floor (carpet) all sticky on that side of bed. I pulled the duvet out of the attic and threw it on the bed, everything else in the wash. Luckily, that's the 'Hilton' look so no one should balk at the duvet only on the bed.
That's the only bed I don't have a back-up quilt for. Was going to buy one as that's the room I did all the photos of a few weeks ago and everyone thought the quilt was 'too busy' with the wallpaper.

wink_smile.gif
Are you sure you can afford to have her visit you again?
You bet I cn. She pays and she stays a week when she comes. Even at a reduced rate, it is nice $$. Last year she brought 2 other rooms with her for the week. Can i afford her. YESssss!!

Innkeeper Aggro Effect = a weekend of non B&B type guests in your B&B (See my other ranting to understand why)

Back