The all around challenged guests

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
"Your website is broken." Nope, it is working just fine. "Well I can't git to it!"
"We don't want to share a bath. We really wanted a private bath." It is private, no one else will share it with you. It is detached which means outside your room. If you had booked two weeks ago when you first started calling the other rooms were available.
"I can't believe you have a 5 day cancellation policy, if something comes up we might not be able to make it." It is 7 days, and your reservation is 16 days from now.
"Well we might have to cancel." Okay you may cancel up to 7 days before your check in date without losing your deposit.
"We will keep you posted." Thanks. I am here for you. Waiting on baited breath for your next call. Which I know will be tomorrow. Again.
Please call me every day for the next 16 days and keep me posted. This is only the 5th phone call from you since you made the reservation, and three proir to that. I don't even speak to my husband that many times in 2 days.
Whatdoyallthink innkeepers? Pita chips? (Pita chips are the little nuggets that lead the way to the full blown pita upon arrival.)
pita.gif

YOU SAID IT!!! OH my just wait till the get there!!!
pita.gif
catlady said:
pita.gif
My gut says they won't ever get here.
Meanwhile I had the most lovely "Ricardo Monteban" sounding caller wanting a room when we have no rooms who was ultra pleasant, I could talk to him all day!

pita.gif
catlady said:
pita.gif
Meanwhile I had the most lovely "Ricardo Monteban" sounding caller wanting a room when we have no rooms who was ultra pleasant, I could talk to him all day!
Joey Bloggs said:
I had to turn away a lovely-sounding Irish accent last night. I was bummed.

yup-sorry but it seems like pita-chips-maybe you'll be lucky and they wont come...

pita.gif
catlady said:
pita.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
I had to turn away a lovely-sounding Irish accent last night. I was bummed.
Yeah, but aren't you enjoying your complete "nerd"??? Anne told me the haircut story!!! What a hoot!

Sounds like the same people that called me many times before and after booking. I was sooo not looking forward to their visit... had even placed notes on their res. They turned out to be some of the best guests ever... Here is hoping it works this way for you OR if not, that they cancel before the 7 days get here.
pita.gif

Mind i have a couple in now and he is a bit deaf, has weird glasses (ie one is a sun glass lense one clear) so I am guessing visual imparement and does 30 jumping jacks before bed (his bedroom is directly above mine) and she his friend in the room next door) is disabled can't do more than 2 stairs and is also gluten free. We took them because no where else in town has two ground floor rooms and I felt sorry for the Tourist Information when they called trying to find them somewhere suitable. They are nice but hard work will be glad when they go today. But in ref to above we had a couple book like that and when they got here they were great. (we get a lot of diabled people due to our set up) they rang a million times, wanted to pay by postal order (i had never even seen one before!) all don't know if you have them in the USA but if you don't have a bank account in the UK you can buy a cheque from the Post office if you need a cheque to pay for something and it is guaranteed. She had to be confirmed to in the post and I sent it same day never arrived sent again finally got it but she rang every day to say she hadn't got it. But when they came (not being a snob) you could tell they didn't have much extra money and this was their annual holiday they wanted it to be right as well as the fact she was very disabled (walk a few steps with the frame and mainly wheelchair) so they had to be carefull where they were staying was right or their holiday would be ruined. We also get a lot of repeat business from that group for that reason they know they are alright here and won't be charged the prices the big hotels which is their only other option is. I feel in some ways that is discrimination against mobility impared people isn't it? Im a bit of a softie about it because my grandmother who passed away at 96 spent the last 10 years of her life with only one hip due to a medical blunder so had limited mobility (frame in the house, wheelchair outside). However so many people here say Oh we don't want disabled people here they are too much trouble but they dont realise many disabilities are easily catered for ie Diabeties, visual imparement, hearing imparement are all classed as disabilities also learning dificulties for example dislexia These can all be catered for easily.

We write "guaranteed cancel" next to those in our book. I'll bet they don't come.

Back