The answer is still no

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
A few years ago I did a TA biz listing for 1 year. Did nothing for me. For those of you who see results, I'm glad for you. I do use Trip Connect and it's rarely clicked on. Maybe $1.50-$2.50 per month in click charges.
I've had several conversations with my TA rep over the years. I must say, he's a really nice guy and tries to understand my situation.
I just got an e-mail from him saying that things on TA have changed over the last year and would I consider a biz listing now. My response to anyone at TA is "I won't buy a business listing as long as restaurants get it for free".
Maybe we should all start to give that feedback to them. Just a thought.

We do exactly the same now. No listing- just Trip Connect. I wonder what things have changed. They still go out of there way to obscure your listing with all the OTA stuff and they still push you off the page if you are full and don't have availability.

I guess I didn't realize restaurants got free listings. Thanks for that.

I guess I didn't realize restaurants got free listings. Thanks for that..
Attractions also get to have their contact info listed for free, as well. It is only lodging properties that they hit up for big bucks just to get a weblink/phonenumber/email on the listing.

This was his response to my statement re restaurants:
"The restaurants do not receive any of the tools in our Business Listing.
Why would restaurant listings effect your decision to leverage your B&B’s page to drive more business?"
They just don't get how we small lodging properties are impacted by the rates they're charging. I couldn't give a dang about the business tools. In the big picture, they really don't make a difference to me.

Attractions also get to have their contact info listed for free, as well. It is only lodging properties that they hit up for big bucks just to get a weblink/phonenumber/email on the listing.
Btw, did you get a new logo? I like this one!

This was his response to my statement re restaurants:
"The restaurants do not receive any of the tools in our Business Listing.
Why would restaurant listings effect your decision to leverage your B&B’s page to drive more business?"
They just don't get how we small lodging properties are impacted by the rates they're charging. I couldn't give a dang about the business tools. In the big picture, they really don't make a difference to me..
What tools? All I want is the website! Even the phone number is a joke. If sometime writes that down and your listing expires that guest gets someone in another state when they dial!

Good gracious, I canceled my BL in September and today received another call. NO THANKS! I am going to try the Trip Connect as well. Told the guy today that for the amount I had spent on BL I could do a life time of Trip Connect.

Btw, did you get a new logo? I like this one!
The OnTheShore business still has the same logo (which is the original). This logo was designed for the business by noted artist Earle Barlow back in the 90's and was used for a year, but then they went back to the original. So we are now using this logo for our secondary business.

Back