The Banshee

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I was out cleaning the cottage when I heard a high pitched screaming slash lingering wailing sound...I paused listened, what the! Then kept on cleaning. I came in here a couple times and went back out and heard it again. Sounded like a Banshee wailing off in the distance, what the!
When I was done I came out just in time to see the little girl across the street like a scene from The Shining go flying down the sidewalk in some motorized battery driven jeep with that high pitched banshee screaming noise wailing behind her...
I had to chuckle, thinking about the guests out in this very quiet little cottagelater on hearing that and getting creeped out. Unless the TV or an iPod is playing, then they won't hear it. But it must be new, so I expect we will hear it later on too.

I thought you were talking about a rooster or something. LOL
Hope most of guests are golfers due to my location or they will just be amazed at what goes on around here.

Not a Banshee but.... I just had to share this, since an odd noise was just now coming from my closet.
There was a scratching almost rubbing sound, then a low vibration, then I heard the scratching sound. All I could think of was oh great some cat brought a mouse in and didn't kill it first. I honestly didn't want to look, not that mice are an issue, but it just didn't sound mouse like, or bird like, or anything like.
After several minutes of this, I opened the closet door, and low and behold my three legged cat had found my hair brush that was sticking out of my purse on the floor of the closet, and was brushing his neck to scratch the itches he can't get to on the side without a leg. He had it pushed up against a shoe box and was rubbing himself into total bliss!
Not quite a banshee, but odd none the less. Sorry I didn't snap a pic, it was just too funny. BTW this is no little ordinary cat, he weighs in at almost 17 pounds with his entrie right rear leg gone. How I missed this big guy in my closet, or in my room for that matter I will never know. Hard to be stealthy on three legs.

Not a Banshee but.... I just had to share this, since an odd noise was just now coming from my closet.
There was a scratching almost rubbing sound, then a low vibration, then I heard the scratching sound. All I could think of was oh great some cat brought a mouse in and didn't kill it first. I honestly didn't want to look, not that mice are an issue, but it just didn't sound mouse like, or bird like, or anything like.
After several minutes of this, I opened the closet door, and low and behold my three legged cat had found my hair brush that was sticking out of my purse on the floor of the closet, and was brushing his neck to scratch the itches he can't get to on the side without a leg. He had it pushed up against a shoe box and was rubbing himself into total bliss!
Not quite a banshee, but odd none the less. Sorry I didn't snap a pic, it was just too funny. BTW this is no little ordinary cat, he weighs in at almost 17 pounds with his entrie right rear leg gone. How I missed this big guy in my closet, or in my room for that matter I will never know. Hard to be stealthy on three legs..
After a couple years of begging for a "Garf ield", someone at work gave me a kitten that looked like Gar field. since it was to be a house cat, the moment it was old enough, it was taken to the vet to be de-clawed and de-balled. We discovered - the hard way - that if a window was left open just a little, Sid would go through the screen and the dog right after him. The dog would be on the stoop but Sid would not. We woried about that but were unable to find him. One day as I was hanging close, sid came home and to me. A few weeks later, a window must have been left open again because I heard a cheep - - cheep, cheep coming from a back bedroom. Imvestigating the sound, I found old Sid aggravating a Mama bird he had caught and brought in. After that, I stopped worrying about old Sid. If he could catch a Mama bird, he was going to be OK. He once again went through a window and this time decided he was NOT a house cat with all the perks that went with that. He was feral. Lived in the wood pile for a while and then disappeared.

Not quite a banshee, but odd none the less. Sorry I didn't snap a pic, it was just too funny. BTW this is no little ordinary cat, he weighs in at almost 17 pounds with his entrie right rear leg gone. How I missed this big guy in my closet, or in my room for that matter I will never know. Hard to be stealthy on three legs..
After a couple years of begging for a "Garf ield", someone at work gave me a kitten that looked like Gar field. since it was to be a house cat, the moment it was old enough, it was taken to the vet to be de-clawed and de-balled. We discovered - the hard way - that if a window was left open just a little, Sid would go through the screen and the dog right after him. The dog would be on the stoop but Sid would not. We woried about that but were unable to find him. One day as I was hanging close, sid came home and to me. A few weeks later, a window must have been left open again because I heard a cheep - - cheep, cheep coming from a back bedroom. Imvestigating the sound, I found old Sid aggravating a Mama bird he had caught and brought in. After that, I stopped worrying about old Sid. If he could catch a Mama bird, he was going to be OK. He once again went through a window and this time decided he was NOT a house cat with all the perks that went with that. He was feral. Lived in the wood pile for a while and then disappeared.
Our Momma cat came trotting in with the feet and tail of a blue bird sticking out of her mouth. I picked her up to toss her back outside to "eat". She opened her mouth and the blue bird flew away. Guess it wasn't the bird's day to go.
Our other big boy, 20# of long haired Maine Coon, is generally a lazy tub of cat fat. However when inclined he has been known to de-squirrel the yard. He generally leaves the tail as a sign to others. The vet encouraged us to put him on a diet, I said talk to the squirrels, they are eating all my walnuts.

My four member pride of outside "feral" (they are getting quite domesticated and allow petting) tuxedo cats (one neighbor calls them Jersey cats) are always bringing me gifts. I don't mind when they're young pigeons but I don't like when they offer up the little, pretty finches.
sad_smile.gif

Back