The Beast Is Back

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
For the first time in many months, I just had a COVID cancellation. They had 2 rooms booked, 4 nights in each :(

They were due to arrive Thursday, so they'll still have to pay for a couple of nights in each room if I can't rent to someone else.

Also, this week in general was already slow, for the first time in weeks, and it's probably COVID behind the slowdown.

This wave was so unnecessary. :mad:

I chat with my innkeeping pals from my old town. They are generally running in the 90-100% occupancy range right now, but they have seen cancellations because guest flights were Covid-canceled. Totally agree this did not have to happen. I generally don’t wish bad things on people, but geez Louise, people CHOSE this. Actually opted in to get sick and die because it’s their right. Well, they got what they wanted, may God have mercy on their souls.

...Well, they got what they wanted, may God have mercy on their souls.
I reminded of the story of the man who refused to evacuate his home during a flood.
At first, rescuers showed up at his house with a small boat to carry him through the waters.
"No," he said. "God will save me."
Later as the waters rose past the first floor, firemen showed up in a powerboat to rescue him from his second-story window.
"No," he said, turning them away. "God will save me."
Finally, with the flood waters filling his house and him sitting atop his roof, a helicopter lowered a rope ladder to him and implored him to climb on.
"No, he said. "God will save me."

Well, obviously the man drowned.

And when he arrived at the Pearly Gates, he was angry.
"God," he cried. "I told everyone you would save me."
"Good grief, man," God replied. "I sent you two boats and a helicopter!"

"Good grief, man," God replied. "I sent you two boats and a helicopter!"
Yep. I posted a memory of that one on Facebook a couple of weeks ago. The safety, efficacy, and speed of development of the COVID vaccine is as close to a miracle as we're likely to ever see, and it seems some people will believe anything they are told, except that the vaccine is a great gift to humanity.

Actually, for the first time in a year and a half, I'm finally looking at a good number of bookings, though we have only 4 of the rooms open, so no shared bathrooms. We even had a full 100% booked days.

Back