The Best and the Worst States for Opening a New Business

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
absolutely...and we now have open rest areas:) But...that's a drop in the bucket compared to spending.
Glad we made the top 10, but I have a feeling that is because of NOVA...not the rest of the state :-(

When I traveled North in Dec to WV and PA I nearly died with no rest areas being open and having to find places to stop off the interstate. I literally dehydrated myself to make the drive. What a horrible thing that was to close them, and make this state which is top in hospitality and tourism seem unwelcoming.
With the tax revenue on VA tourism spending alone we could build a road from here to Dallas Texas, that was a stat from the State Capitol. This baby needs to be catered to.

The rest areas being closed was hoeeible but was due to promised stimulus money to redo them. Thare are now open again on I-79 - the ones that were under construction have been finished. I-70 at Wheeling is under construction and the temp Welcome Center is at the Cabella Drive Exit.
I can understand the drop in small business in WV. With the pulling of the coal permits, there is little work in Southern West Virginia especially and if people are not working, there is no money to support a new business. Morgantown is booming - many new businesses opening, building going on, student enrollment is UP!
Funny thing - little WV that is the shining star of so many negative surveys and the butt of the positive surveys is solvent and is not even near bankruptcy. Our Governor has been fiscally responsible - whatever else one might think of him (also - so far, so good - scandle-free).

Yep, I should have opened a B&B in Texas!
regular_smile.gif

Very interesting...thanks for sharing!

regular_smile.gif

Very interesting...thanks for sharing!.
B&B in Texas!
Speaking of which...have you heard anything from Carey? Not a peep here. Hope she is doing well.
They are focusing on the event part of their business. Doing a good number of weddings. She was helping her mother on the West Coast with some things and is back home now. We'll see them in October!

regular_smile.gif

Very interesting...thanks for sharing!.
B&B in Texas!
Speaking of which...have you heard anything from Carey? Not a peep here. Hope she is doing well.
They are focusing on the event part of their business. Doing a good number of weddings. She was helping her mother on the West Coast with some things and is back home now. We'll see them in October!
I see she is using a blog as her web site now.

absolutely...and we now have open rest areas:) But...that's a drop in the bucket compared to spending.
Glad we made the top 10, but I have a feeling that is because of NOVA...not the rest of the state :-(.
catlady said:
Glad we made the top 10, but I have a feeling that is because of NOVA...not the rest of the state :-(
NOVA, you mean the PBS Science Program?
Not everyone knows what some of these acronyms mean.

Glad we made the top 10, but I have a feeling that is because of NOVA...not the rest of the state :-(.
catlady said:
NOrthern VirginiA (aka, Washington, DC)
=)
Kk.

catlady said:
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
Thanks.
tounge_smile.gif

Back