The Buts Have Left the House

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
Had a visit from the Buts this weekend. Ever sentence had a but in the middle. So when they left, they of course went out with two more buts about us, neither of which was really deserved. They had this condescending way of talking that always made you feel bad. And this habit of walking directly into our private space and sitting down, as if it didn't apply to them. Wanted us to make all their plans for them, as if it was our job to plan their day, their evening and everything else.
One of the complaints was about an add-on that they had ordered online. We delivered it to the room, of course. The first night they exclaimed how wonderful it was and they were hoping to see more the next day... well, no.. you only ordered those! And on leaving that they weren't expecting to pay for them, or remembered ordering them. What? It's not a listed amenity. It's an add-on that you add-on. It clearly has a price attached. You ordered it, you pay for it. That's why it's called an add-on.
This is one of the few times that I'm glad to see the but of them and have things return to normal. I just hope that this is the last we hear of them.... but nothing was good enough for them.

I heard they're headed to Madeleine's next ;-)

I heard they're headed to Madeleine's next ;-).
Stop it! I almost spit my coffee out!
regular_smile.gif

Back