The call

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I answer the phone, it is a man asking "Who is this?" and then I tell him, and he says "What sort of place is this?" I said, may I ask why you are inquiring? He says "I saw this number on my phone bill and was checking to see who it was"
I replied again who we are, and then said okay, thank you, and hung up.
Hm, wonder who called here (could have been someone who called and never stayed here) or could have been someone who stayed here. We had a couple flings lately (I am sure) where - as I say I DO NOT LIKE - one shows up late in a second vehicle and I do not know who they are, and then they say they are skipping breakfast and leave.
I told DH as he stared back at me puzzled, remember we don't give out names even if he had the correct one.
What a weird business we are in!

Well, that's a new one. You would think people having affairs would call from work or from anywhere else but their own phone.
Then again, could have been someone just calling for info for someone else. Looking to buy a GC for a wedding gift. Or an adult kid wanting to get a gift for the parents' anniversary. Anything. Married to a very suspicious-minded husband it sounds like.
And didn't you just want to say at first, 'You called me. Don't you know where you called?'
So, caller id...where did your guy call from? Nearby? Far away? Can you search the number in your rez system? Do you even want to know?

Ah yes. Had a woman arrive, alone, at one of our river cottages yesterday evening. This morning there was a second car parked there.
Like the three monkeys, I hear nothing. I see nothing, I speak nothing. I'll add that I know nothing, except that the credit card worked!

Very occasionally we get a "wrong number" with the caller asking for a person by their full name. I suspect that someone is searching around for the person in question. Like you, we see nothing and know nothing.

I had this recently and am very angry with the customer - has stayed with us several times before with his wife - came for another trade event on his own - had to go to his room and tell him to keep it down as had his window wide open and I could hear him and a woman (not his wife) talking very loudly plus tv on at about 2am. was absolutely furious with him as if you are going to cheat on your wife do not expect me to smile when you come in july like nothing ever happened! plus do not make enough racket I have to come up and tell you off twice! at least try and be sneeky!

Back