The closest guest you ever had

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Who was the closest geographical guest who have ever had and why did they stay with you?
My example was the ob/gyn at the hospital here who had to stay in town as he was on call for births, and it was their anniversary, so they stayed with us and had breakfast delivered, and he missed breakfast as he got the call at 3am and had to leave.

A couple of blocks away. Apt being painted and couldn't stand the fumes.

The closest lived about an hour away. ( we are a great place for a weekend getaway)

About 3 miles. He booked dinner, an overnight & breakfast for his wife for her birthday. I found out last week he is the son-in-law of a newbie in one of my knitting classes!
Knitting classes have been informative - another one's husband is the person who lines up the poll workers for my Party and her daughter was in high school when we moved here and "I will never forget that you baked a cake for her when she was trying to get money to go on a mission trip" (I do not remember it though).

A neighbor who lives less than a block away - they stayed for their wedding night! Got the full romance treatment, too.
regular_smile.gif

A neighbor who lives less than a block away - they stayed for their wedding night! Got the full romance treatment, too.
regular_smile.gif
Oh, I forgot! The Mayor's Mother-in-law was here for her wedding night when she remarried - not one block, but in town.

We've had several from the area, and a few within a few blocks (in town, and it's not that big).

our closest was about 5 mins walk as their boiler packed in and their landlord was dragging their feet about getting it fixed they had had a week of only cold water and had had enough which to my mind was common sense!

Our closest was from downtown about 6.5 miles away. They had just moved here, and didn't want to spend Christmas in an apartment full of shipping boxes. They were very sweet
Riki

My closest guests came from 2 blocks away. They had a 2 year old and a 6 week old who stayed with grandma. She surprised her husband who thought they were just going bowling. They were very sweet also.

My closest guests came from 2 blocks away. They had a 2 year old and a 6 week old who stayed with grandma. She surprised her husband who thought they were just going bowling. They were very sweet also..
Innkeep said:
My closest guests came from 2 blocks away. They had a 2 year old and a 6 week old who stayed with grandma. She surprised her husband who thought they were just going bowling. They were very sweet also.
yeah that's what he told her 3 years ago too.
wink_smile.gif

When I worked at a large hotel had a couple who came for 2 weeks every year that lived in town and had dinner, bed and breakfast. Said they didn't like to travel far and if they forgot anything they could pop back for it. It meant a break from cooking and a nice rest while people looked after them as one was quite elderly.

Just down the road....second home with the pipes drained for the winter but they needed a sea-side fix and stayed with us rather than "camp out" at their place.

We get a few from right in town. Sometimes it's holidays and they don't want to be home. (Christmas) and sometimes it's a getaway from the burbs to the centre of town.

See how it is. They tell me 3pm check in, I am here, ready and waiting since 3pm. It is now 7:15PM - in case anyone needs a math lesson (like the guests) that is 4.25 hours from the check in time THEY GAVE ME, and he calls and says "We got lost trying to find a place to eat" now do ya think you can check in first? Maybe? Dude?
Gee why am I so lethargic...this is why!
BTW we have a restaurant right next door that is open right now, on our corner and two more within a block they can walk to.

See how it is. They tell me 3pm check in, I am here, ready and waiting since 3pm. It is now 7:15PM - in case anyone needs a math lesson (like the guests) that is 4.25 hours from the check in time THEY GAVE ME, and he calls and says "We got lost trying to find a place to eat" now do ya think you can check in first? Maybe? Dude?
BTW we have a restaurant right next door that is open right now, on our corner and two more within a block they can walk to..
Joey Bloggs said:
BTW we have a restaurant right next door that is open right now, on our corner and two more within a block they can walk to.
I've gotten to where I call them, maybe around 3:30 or 4 in this case, depending on what else I'm doing while I wait. When I haven't, I've regretted it.
Kk.

Back