The cops were just on my doorstep

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
Our neighbors (who for all intensive purposes are total freaks) have a 3 acre parcel behind our parking lot with a for sale sign on it. This morning, they issued a formal complaint because some one removed their for sale sign and it was found leaning up against our garage (located next to the parking lot). Clearly we must be the purpertrators of such evil which nessesitates police intervention. The officers claim the neighbors 'are strongly convinced' that we are to blame. Can you believe it?
What probably happend is one of our guests accidently backed into it and knocked it over. Thinking the parcel was ours, leaned the sign against our garage.
Oh the drama of innkeeping!

good grief are they paranoid or what?.
catlady said:
good grief are they paranoid or what?
What they are are drunken and delusional. I remember once, I was in the Liquor store to buy port for the guest rooms and standing at the check out counter when a woman walks in (no one I knew at the time) points her finger at me and starts screeching that I was the one who called the SPCA and ratted her out because her dog got loose.
First off, I said: I don't even know who you are, much less whether or not you have a dog. Who are you???
That was our first introduction.

good grief are they paranoid or what?.
catlady said:
good grief are they paranoid or what?
What they are are drunken and delusional. I remember once, I was in the Liquor store to buy port for the guest rooms and standing at the check out counter when a woman walks in (no one I knew at the time) points her finger at me and starts screeching that I was the one who called the SPCA and ratted her out because her dog got loose.
First off, I said: I don't even know who you are, much less whether or not you have a dog. Who are you???
That was our first introduction.
UH oh.... good thing you didn't have to have a rezoning hearing for your place
tounge_smile.gif

The more I thought about this, the more irritated I got. I ended up called the police station and told them I don't want cops showing up at my place of business for stupid BS like this. Its bad for business and I don't want my customers to witness this type of nonsense.

The cops are on my doorstep all the time - delivering my Council packet. Last week when my daughter was here one cop stopped every time he saw her in the yard or on the porch. He is in awe of her because she is a Chicago cop.

Of course if you HAD been responsible for removing the sign OBVIOUSLY you would place it right there in PLAIN view - right. Give me (you) a break. Hope the police were thinking how ludicrous that sounds.

I live in a busy street and there are sale and to let signs up and down all the time as it is windy here and they just blow down. There is one leaning against our wall as we speak that blew down earlier in the week. If we had the cops out every time something as tiny as that happened they would be employed full time. I just hope on your behalf they move.

Back