The Cusp of Winter

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Innspiration from Fragments from Floyd
If you would like to visit Fragments from Floyd "Photos and Front Porch Musing from Floyd County Virginia. " click here

From Fred's Goose Creek Journal today:
[COLOR= rgb(166, 77, 121)] Can you feel it? If you listen to the sound of the gears of the seasons, if you pay close attention to the feel of the hum of Earth under your feet and inhale purposefully to catch a whiff of it, you will know it: we stand today at the cusp of winter.[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(116, 27, 71)] [/COLOR]

Interesting how we actually do say, 'Smells like winter,' usually starting in late Nov or early Dec. Just like the onset of spring has a certain smell as well.

Interesting how we actually do say, 'Smells like winter,' usually starting in late Nov or early Dec. Just like the onset of spring has a certain smell as well..
Two of my favourite smells as they drift up the hill:
  1. The first wood fires
  2. The first mowed grass

Interesting how we actually do say, 'Smells like winter,' usually starting in late Nov or early Dec. Just like the onset of spring has a certain smell as well..
  1. The first wood fires
  2. The first mowed grass
The Tipsy Butler said:
  1. The first wood fires
  2. The first mowed grass
Now what I would like is catching the salty tang of the ocean when you've kind of forgotten it's out there.

1. The first wood fires
  2. The first mowed grass
The Tipsy Butler said:
  1. The first wood fires
  2. The first mowed grass
Now what I would like is catching the salty tang of the ocean when you've kind of forgotten it's out there.
Good one - definitely up there. I guess I didn't mention it because it's not seasonal. It's always "around", but sometimes we walk down to the village and both say "ahhhh - there it is".

Can smell when rain is coming as well
All that has been posted is what still thrills me after all the years of what I have been doing

Back