The Diva Book

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egoodell

Reaction score
Thanks Samster! Just got the book and the note cards - thank you very much!
I've just started reading the book and am waiting for the funny parts -- she sure starts out depressing. Sounds like she was one of those who thought if she bought the inn "they would come". The beginning is nothing but complaining.
And her recipes so far include jazzing up jiffy mix recipes and Sam's Club apple turnovers for everyone!
RIki

I had it and was not impressed all she does is grump about how she wants to live in the big city she has grumpy vibes! Not all the way through does she ever sound happy (ie what a nice guest stayed today etc)

I had it and was not impressed all she does is grump about how she wants to live in the big city she has grumpy vibes! Not all the way through does she ever sound happy (ie what a nice guest stayed today etc)

A few felt she was not ridgey didge. ie Legit. A few felt she had been on this forum and gleened bad guest stories and used them to write a book. For any who find this forum glum they should read that book and feel really depressed! But overall, it was interesting just to read an innkeeper book. So thanks for passing it on from the UK! It is making the rounds quite well now. I pity the last person who gets it to post it on with an addtl 25 lbs of added material from all the innmates tossing in cards and gadgets. :)

A few felt she was not ridgey didge. ie Legit. A few felt she had been on this forum and gleened bad guest stories and used them to write a book. For any who find this forum glum they should read that book and feel really depressed! But overall, it was interesting just to read an innkeeper book. So thanks for passing it on from the UK! It is making the rounds quite well now. I pity the last person who gets it to post it on with an addtl 25 lbs of added material from all the innmates tossing in cards and gadgets. :).
Yes if you look at the back she is back in New York City. I have not finished it yet but it's not an interesting read. And she gets half her breakfast from Sam's Club. Does not even like to cook. Sounds like a bad fit from the start.
RIki

A few felt she was not ridgey didge. ie Legit. A few felt she had been on this forum and gleened bad guest stories and used them to write a book. For any who find this forum glum they should read that book and feel really depressed! But overall, it was interesting just to read an innkeeper book. So thanks for passing it on from the UK! It is making the rounds quite well now. I pity the last person who gets it to post it on with an addtl 25 lbs of added material from all the innmates tossing in cards and gadgets. :).
Yes if you look at the back she is back in New York City. I have not finished it yet but it's not an interesting read. And she gets half her breakfast from Sam's Club. Does not even like to cook. Sounds like a bad fit from the start.
RIki
egoodell said:
RIki
It sounds more like a case of 'I want to live here and this is how I can do it.' But, totally does not sound like she liked what she was doing. And, yeah, the ready-made everything got really annoying after 2-3 pages!

You're very welcome! I kept an open mind about the book. They were like a lot of folks that thought that moving to a beach area would be a great change from urban life and owning a B&B would the way to do it. Aside from the lame breakfasts, l liked her musings. I guess I'll be in the minority here.

I hope the book is still making the circuit, I know there was a long list in the front of who to send it to next who are eagerly awaiting. I just looked and didn't see any new updates on bookcrossing.com

I hope the book is still making the circuit, I know there was a long list in the front of who to send it to next who are eagerly awaiting. I just looked and didn't see any new updates on bookcrossing.com.
I sent it on and did log it in to the bookcrossing when I had it.

I hope the book is still making the circuit, I know there was a long list in the front of who to send it to next who are eagerly awaiting. I just looked and didn't see any new updates on bookcrossing.com.
I just sent it on not long ago. I found it dull - the ramblings of a woman who thought having a B&B would be sitting on the deck with a glass of wine, who was bemoaning getting older. Her breakfasts were 50% Sams Club and she NEVER served any kind of breakfast meat at all. Didn't learn anything...
RIki

I just sent it on not long ago. I found it dull - the ramblings of a woman who thought having a B&B would be sitting on the deck with a glass of wine, who was bemoaning getting older. Her breakfasts were 50% Sams Club and she NEVER served any kind of breakfast meat at all. Didn't learn anything...
RIki
Didn't learn anything
Sure you did! You learned what you do not want to do and what you do not want to be. The breakfasts she served made it no wonder she did not flourish. Also there was no mention of online rez.

RIki
Didn't learn anything
Sure you did! You learned what you do not want to do and what you do not want to be. The breakfasts she served made it no wonder she did not flourish. Also there was no mention of online rez.
You are right, but I was looking forward to some great recipes and was not impressed. i like recipes that don't have any frozen or store bought ingredients. She didn't offer much.
RIki

Finden Sie die neuste Brautkleider 2012, brautmoden 2012 für Ihre Traum Brautkleid. Custom Brautkleid design nach dem Foto.
Satin Hochzeitskleid, strandbrautkleid Braut engen Kurven zeigen einen perfekten Körper
[h3] 2011-08-08 23: kleider damenmode kleider damenmode41:52 [/h3]
Satin Hochzeitskleid, weil die materiellen Gründen, die meisten sind selbst gemacht Brautkleid Stile, ballkleid rot wird die Braut auf der rutschigen Textur der natürlichen Krümmung des Körpers in markanten Hochzeit enthüllt machen.
Schlanke Art der Hochzeit ist ein persönlicher Stil, erlaubt es der Braut Körper Vorsprungs nach Alice braut und abendmode braut und abendmode abendkleider katalog lange abendkleider online lange abendkleider online, auf einen Blick. Es eignet sich besonders für schlanke Frauen, aber auch verlängern die Figur, Aussehen der Braut hoch aufrecht. Schlanke hohe Braut im Brautkleid Satin Brautkleid gemächlichen Wandern bar dress abenmode onlineshop abendmode onlineshop abendmode, sind seidig matt mit jedem Schritt der Braut zu Fuß nicht den gleichen Stil und Eleganz.
Satin Slim-Typ Brautkleid Stil ist in der Regel einfache Rock etwas unverbindlich. Highly recommended sexy und elegant trägerlosen straight-Typ Hochzeit und romantische exotischen Rundhals und langen glockenförmigen Ärmeln und straight-Typ Hochzeit. Schneiden Sie einfach den Schock ist die einzige Wahl dieses Satin Brautkleid Braut Gründen.
Besonderer Hinweis: brautjungfernkleid Slim-Typ hohe Anforderungen an den Körper, um stämmigen Körper der Braut gewählt werden. Wir erhöhen auch die Größe der Satin Brautkleid, die Braut zu unterschiedlichen Anforderungen gerecht zu werden.
brautmode

Back