The Donald Likes Your Dog...For a Per-Stay Cleaning Fee, Of Course

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
The Donald Likes Your Dog...For a Per-Stay Cleaning Fee, Of Course
article here
Do you accept pets? If so do you say the charge is a cleaning fee? Or does it sound more like an additional person charge?

More like an extra person fee. Cuts down on all those complaints about their dog doesn't shed, make a mess, whatever.

We stayed at a Residence Inn in New Jersey last week visiting family; they take pets for a $100 non-refundable cleaning fee. The dog in the unit next to ours barked for 2 hours straight our second night there. We called the front desk after the first hour - no solution and a full property. Fortunately the owners came back right before we went to bed.

More like an extra person fee. Cuts down on all those complaints about their dog doesn't shed, make a mess, whatever..
Morticia said:
More like an extra person fee. Cuts down on all those complaints about their dog doesn't shed, make a mess, whatever.
YES!! Every pet owner assures you that their dog does not bark, shed or get on the furniture. I called it a "$15.00 per-pet per-night surcharge".

We used to take them when I worked in a large hotel and generally they were fine but there was a rule that they wern't to be left in rooms alone for more than 30 mins to reduce this problem. It depends on the walls but one review was they take dogs there I could hear barking when I was in the corridor in the distance (ie tiny noise) like they kept it a secret which it wasn't.

We used to take them when I worked in a large hotel and generally they were fine but there was a rule that they wern't to be left in rooms alone for more than 30 mins to reduce this problem. It depends on the walls but one review was they take dogs there I could hear barking when I was in the corridor in the distance (ie tiny noise) like they kept it a secret which it wasn't..
I was awakened by a barking dog the other morning. Not here but at the hotel across the way. I had the fan on and it still sounded like it was in the next room. I cannot imagine what it sounded like to the guests in the hotel. My guess was the dog was in the window barking at stuff outside. I gave it 20 minutes and I was walking over there and complaining. Dog shut up, but I was ready if it started up again.

Back