The Doorbell Rang!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Very odd occurance at this time of year, when unexpected. We all, me, Gomez and the dog, looked at each other and said, 'Was that OUR doorbell?' (The dog barked, in case you're wondering, she doesn't actually speak English.)
Price too high, they went on their way. Oh well, I'd rather sleep than discount right now. And we ARE the best value in town, but we're not $59 hotel rates.

Do you have the house all alight (inside, outside signage, etc) when midweek during your slow period? I ask, because we don't.

I have my Christmas display lighted on the front of the house (an 8 ft outline of a Christmas tree with 2 presents hanging under it - tree hanging from a hook on the center porch column and the presents hung with clothesline from the porch). I only put the porch light on when guests are expected (or in-house & out currently) or I hear footsteps on the porch.
ChristmasDisplay.jpg

The tree & presents - 3 separate displays - were built by the high school FFA kids years ago now. The green bulbs of the tree stopped working last year so I draped a couple strings of tiny lights around it. Onr package is white with red ribbon and the other is supposed to be blue w/yellow ribbon (WV colors) but I have not been able to find replacement bulbs this year. (I should have shut off my light at my desk before I went out)

Do you have the house all alight (inside, outside signage, etc) when midweek during your slow period? I ask, because we don't..
Little Blue said:
Do you have the house all alight (inside, outside signage, etc) when midweek during your slow period? I ask, because we don't.
Oh, yeah, lit up like the proverbial Christmas tree...including Christmas tree!
I turn on the sign light even when we're closed so people keep seeing us even tho they can't stay.

Back