The Evolution of the Garden Gnome

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetiePie

Reaction score
The Evolution of the Garden Gnome[/h3]"Gnoming," or the traveling gnome prank, involves removing a gnome from its leafy lair, bringing it on a trip, and photographing it in front of various landmarks. The pictures are then sent to the unfortunate gardener, whose prized floral arrangements have undoubtedly suffered in the gnome’s absence.
Despite its origins as a garden laborer, today's gnome is also used as a symbol for carefree vacationing. Traveling gnomes have gained international attention as the commercial mascot of Travelocity and the underlying story in the Oscar-nominated film Amélie. With a more cosmopolitan view of the world, gnomes have updated their conventional hobbies of fishing and napping. Today they are commonly depicted pursuing a variety of activities, from sight-seeing to dancing.

I wouldn't know anything about that. But ask him...he might...this post is called "When a gnomey went down to Georgia"
IMG_6845.jpg

IMG_6846.jpg

gnome_refreshments.JPG

IMG_6899.jpg

I wouldn't know anything about that. But ask him...he might...this post is called "When a gnomey went down to Georgia"
IMG_6845.jpg

IMG_6846.jpg

gnome_refreshments.JPG

IMG_6899.jpg
Good ol' Gnomey...he needs to go to Maine :)
Samster said:
Good ol' Gnomey...he needs to go to Maine :)
and make a stop in WV on the way...
I agree...and take his friend Samster with him!
teeth_smile.gif

Well, when you all get here, Gnomey can have a reunion with his bud Gnomon.

IMG_6845.jpg

IMG_6846.jpg

gnome_refreshments.JPG

IMG_6899.jpg
MMMmm Ravenswood. Gnomey has good taste in wine. I went to that winery once...didn't see gnomey there. ;)

IMG_6845.jpg

IMG_6846.jpg

gnome_refreshments.JPG

IMG_6899.jpg
MMMmm Ravenswood. Gnomey has good taste in wine. I went to that winery once...didn't see gnomey there. ;)
I don't think Gnomey chose the wine. Might have been one of the guests or the innkeeper
wink_smile.gif

Back