THE Gift Certificate

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Almost every year I have had a call for a Christmas Gift Certificate. It was looking as if this year would be different. Then Monday while I was out a call came. DH called me with the phone number. We played phone tag all day. I felt like I was stalking her so I just quit. She did call back Tuesday. She bought a 2-nighter for her Mom & Step-Dad. I had it done between chaotic events here Tuesday and in the mail Wednesday morning. I emailed her Wednesday night after I took my son back to the airport to tell her the certificate (which I had done an email proof that she really liked) went out that morning. She emailed back that the check went out in the morning mail also. So I am happy - the record is in place once again.
This one has covered bridges and the winery photos at the bottom with Santa and his reindeer flying across the top. Not the usual creativity but things were rather busy here with DH that day.

Glad you had one come in. I remember having to send those out every year. It can be kinda a pain keeping track of them if you get a bunch of them ordered.

I got a gift certificate purchased a couple days ago and it's so nice that I now don't have to anything since Reskey takes care of it all!
People don't seem to be buying them this holiday season...I've sold more during the off season than the past couple of months.

I got a gift certificate purchased a couple days ago and it's so nice that I now don't have to anything since Reskey takes care of it all!
People don't seem to be buying them this holiday season...I've sold more during the off season than the past couple of months..
It is the creativity of it that I enjoy. I print them on card stock. By the individuality of the design and the card stock it is a lot harder for anyone to make copies.
I did one a couple years ago and the buyer was not happy with the design- so I did another and she liked that. I email a proof. Her check came in today's mail and with luck, she got the certificate today also.

Later, when they are redeemed, the customer enters a code for a gift card, which could be either an internal gift certificate or a ValueLink external gift card. If the store is configured to use internal gift certificates, a series of authorization, capture, release, and refund services similar to those for any payment processor allow the gift certificate balance to be used for paying for an order. -The Balancing Act Lifetime

Back