The great towel search

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
OK, it is time to replace the towels. I went earlier this summer to the place I usually go and they did not have the same towels in stock any longer. So I am starting over. Really, I need bath mats, that's what started this whole thing.
So, not wanting to spend a fortune, which translates into good quality bath towels for less than $7 each (I need 3 doz) and matching hand towels and face cloths for less than that, where do YOU get your bath linens?
I want them to match. I want off white, beige, ecru because white gets dingy too fast. Not dirty, dingy. Grey-looking. Maybe it's the water here, but all of my white blouses aren't.

This is such a funny post to me! I tell this story all the time.
All my life, I got the most cheapest towels that were in the store. You just go to the cheapest ones.
Then, we we opened the B&B. I went into Sears, and I said to the clerk "where are your most thirsty, expensive towels!?" lol She pointed.
I bought up all colors of these for each room. After alot of washings (I can't even count how many times these towels have been in the wash, really), they still look like the day I bought them.

hdsupplysolutions.com
there are all different weights and prices. i have been very pleased with towels (bath, hand and face) from there. you have to register but it's not a problem. and, very important, shipping is usually fast and no to low cost.
it's great to be able to buy expensive towels that will, hopefully, wear and wash well. but it seems like, overnight, several of my towels look 'ratty', or worn, or have ravelling edges, or odd stains ... just not right for guests. so that i'm pulling many of them out of the guest linen closet and putting many in my rag bag! moaning ''i need new towels YESTERDAY"

hdsupplysolutions.com
there are all different weights and prices. i have been very pleased with towels (bath, hand and face) from there. you have to register but it's not a problem. and, very important, shipping is usually fast and no to low cost.
it's great to be able to buy expensive towels that will, hopefully, wear and wash well. but it seems like, overnight, several of my towels look 'ratty', or worn, or have ravelling edges, or odd stains ... just not right for guests. so that i'm pulling many of them out of the guest linen closet and putting many in my rag bag! moaning ''i need new towels YESTERDAY".
Do you remember what 'brand' you bought? There's something like 100 different listings! I need to touch them first. So if you like what you got, I'd go by that.

hdsupplysolutions.com
it's great to be able to buy expensive towels that will, hopefully, wear and wash well. but it seems like, overnight, several of my towels look 'ratty', or worn, or have ravelling edges, or odd stains ... just not right for guests. so that i'm pulling many of them out of the guest linen closet and putting many in my rag bag! moaning ''i need new towels YESTERDAY".
Do you remember what 'brand' you bought? There's something like 100 different listings! I need to touch them first. So if you like what you got, I'd go by that.
Chirs Madden, Laura Ashley and Ralph Lauren. I look for sales on QVC or Homeshopping.com. They are the most expensive, but really worth it.
I've put these towels in the wash at least 50 times. Guests still ask me "where did you get the towels?"

hdsupplysolutions.com
Chirs Madden, Laura Ashley and Ralph Lauren. I look for sales on QVC or Homeshopping.com. They are the most expensive, but really worth it.
I've put these towels in the wash at least 50 times. Guests still ask me "where did you get the towels?"
I'm not really going for 'luxury' linens given that I have to wash all of these almost everyday. The heavier the weight the longer they take to dry and the more washerloads that involves! Not wanting 'cheap, threadbare' either! The ones we have have held up for about 3 years now. They are good enough to send to the homeless shelter rather than the dog shelter when we retire them, but they are not 'good enough' for $150/night.
BUT, I do have a Ralph Lauren store here in town and they do give me a hefty innkeeper discount, so that's a place I will try. I think I got 25% off when I bought my sheets there 4 years ago. They will order what they don't have from other stores, so that works, too.

hdsupplysolutions.com
I'm not really going for 'luxury' linens given that I have to wash all of these almost everyday. The heavier the weight the longer they take to dry and the more washerloads that involves! Not wanting 'cheap, threadbare' either! The ones we have have held up for about 3 years now. They are good enough to send to the homeless shelter rather than the dog shelter when we retire them, but they are not 'good enough' for $150/night.
BUT, I do have a Ralph Lauren store here in town and they do give me a hefty innkeeper discount, so that's a place I will try. I think I got 25% off when I bought my sheets there 4 years ago. They will order what they don't have from other stores, so that works, too.
I wash towels everyday, too. One load comes out of the washer, the other load goes in.
I can't count the number of towels I have brought to the animal shelter. These are the towels that I posted about -- the real cheap ones.
This is so great that you have a Ralph Lauren store near you -- and a 25% discount! I would buy them up -- they last forever.

I found some nice towels at Target last month. They feel soft (even hanging on the line), dried quickly, and were not terribly expensive (I am Queen of Cheap!). I bought two sets to check them out and went back for more.

I found some nice towels at Target last month. They feel soft (even hanging on the line), dried quickly, and were not terribly expensive (I am Queen of Cheap!). I bought two sets to check them out and went back for more..
Brand, oh Queen of Cheap?
wink_smile.gif

my towels are not really high end towels, but i like them. and my guests compliment me on the soft towels so that says something.
from hdsupply are bamboo, my favorites. bamboo is said to be naturally antibacterial, absorbent and soft. i can vouch for the absorbent and soft. sorry, they are white. but they are awesome!
my other towels are from overstock.com ... some bamboo, some 100% cotton - i am not exactly sure which brand ... i looked for 5 star or nearly 5 star reviews when i purchased them.

I found some nice towels at Target last month. They feel soft (even hanging on the line), dried quickly, and were not terribly expensive (I am Queen of Cheap!). I bought two sets to check them out and went back for more..
Brand, oh Queen of Cheap?
wink_smile.gif

They need to make these labels with bigger print!
Contemporary
Home
I think it is the Target brand. They are 100% cotton made in China of course. They were on sale when I made the second forray.
Not on sale the bath towel was 4.99 each, hand towel 3.99, and face cloth was 2.99 with tax the 2 sets I got originally were $25.38. I think the second round was about 50 cents cheaper per - can't find the receipt for that one.

Can you redo the link...it didn't work. I think there's a space before the last / which doesn't belong.

Can you redo the link...it didn't work. I think there's a space before the last / which doesn't belong..
The Turkish Towel guy was at 2 of the last 3 Conferences I attended and I liked his towels too. Did not have money to buy any so do not know how they held up - but they did look nice.

I have to put a plug in for Turkish Towels, www.turktowel.com. Call or email for the price list - they give a deep discount to innkeepers. I have both the beige and white. The edges are bound all the way around so there is less fraying. They are easy to work with, too.

Can you redo the link...it didn't work. I think there's a space before the last / which doesn't belong..
Done.
His robes are nice, too. But I got mine from dnj specialities. Wouldn't get any other towels now, though.

Done.
His robes are nice, too. But I got mine from dnj specialities. Wouldn't get any other towels now, though.
muirford said:
Done.
You wouldn't get more towels from Turkish, or dnj? Or, you would only get towels from Turkish?

I don't have the volume of guests that you do obviously but the Fine Linens brand at Sams Club are thick, not too thick, and launder well. Stains come out very well too. They actually launder better than the more expensive spa quality towels that I have. They come in a beige color too but you know with Sams it's hit & miss sometimes.
I've bought a few replacement washcloths at KMart (Martha Stewart brand) and they are as good a quality has some of the RL or other labels & were a good price ON SALE.
I've had really good luck with all kinds of linens at TJ Maxx.
The Turkish Towel towels were very, very nice & the binding does help with longevity.

Done.
muirford said:
Done.
You wouldn't get more towels from Turkish, or dnj? Or, you would only get towels from Turkish?
I wouldn't get towels from anyone other than Turkish - sorry that that wasn't clear. I don't believe that dnj does towels. I like my robes from dnj and will go back there to replenish my stock. I sold six of them a few weeks ago so I need to re-order.

I love the Chris Madden towels I got from J.C. Penneys. They have held up really well. Not cheap though

I have to put a plug in for Turkish Towels, www.turktowel.com. Call or email for the price list - they give a deep discount to innkeepers. I have both the beige and white. The edges are bound all the way around so there is less fraying. They are easy to work with, too..
Golly, I HOPE it's a deep discount! They LOOK really nice, tho.

Back