The great towel test

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
It's that time once again! The great towel off. This is where I go shopping and buy one of each towel I like and bring them home to test.
I have a nice bunch of unused towels in the attic but when I put them next to the ones we've been using you can immediately see the difference. So, all new towels coming up in January. Yippee!
It's time. The hand towels and facecloths especially are embarrassing. The bath towels are ok but they didn't hold up as well as I would like. After 3 years it's towel time again.
BTW, I sent the form into TT from their website requesting an account and a sample of the just the hand towels and I never heard back from them. So, looking locally.

I'm still waiting for a reply for some wholesale pricing. I really like the black make up towels everyone's been raving about. So far, all they've told me is that they'll ship to me.

Madeleine said:
BTW, I sent the form into TT from their website requesting an account and a sample of the just the hand towels and I never heard back from them. So, looking locally.
You need to contact Twyla Sickmiller. She owned a B&B for 9 years before going to work for TT as their B&B sales rep. Best I can tell, her personal e-mail is turktowels (at) hotmail.com

If you are using cotton, get the sizes and weights. There is no real difference between costs if they are all the same cotton.
That being said, Egyptian cotton or it's proper name, extra long staple cotton isn't the same as "cotton" and commands a higher price.
I've been looking at testing some of the new microfibre towels which supposedly are just as absorbent, but weigh less and dry much faster.

Madeleine said:
You need to contact Twyla Sickmiller. She owned a B&B for 9 years before going to work for TT as their B&B sales rep. Best I can tell, her personal e-mail is turktowels (at) hotmail.com.
We had some quality issues here and after a number of emails, we never heard from Twyla again. Issues re lower quality hand and wash towels never resolved.

Madeleine said:
You need to contact Twyla Sickmiller. She owned a B&B for 9 years before going to work for TT as their B&B sales rep. Best I can tell, her personal e-mail is turktowels (at) hotmail.com.
Arks said:
Madeleine said:
You need to contact Twyla Sickmiller. She owned a B&B for 9 years before going to work for TT as their B&B sales rep. Best I can tell, her personal e-mail is turktowels (at) hotmail.com
That's all well and good, but that info is not on their website. If that's how it has to be done, instead of filling out the form like they request, then those are the directions that should be on the site.
Grumpy. Grumpy. Not at you.

Madeleine said:
Arks said:
Madeleine said:
That's all well and good, but that info is not on their website. If that's how it has to be done, instead of filling out the form like they request, then those are the directions that should be on the site.
Madeleine said:
I understand. I can't stand companies that can't get their act together and treat small inns as well as they treat huge hotels. Comphy has work to do on that front, also.

Madeleine said:
Arks said:
Madeleine said:
Madeleine said:
I understand. I can't stand companies that can't get their act together and treat small inns as well as they treat huge hotels. Comphy has work to do on that front, also.
Arks said:
Madeleine said:
You are not kidding. Remember my "do not call me" just let me order or reply to me, well it was one you mentioned above. They called, on my do not call me email. Guess who did not place an order, who was ready to place a big order that day? Yep.

Back