The Internet & Travel Facts

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samster

Reaction score
The following was in a travel e-newsletter that I receive. This was 2009 data...imagine what it's like 3 years later!
For those innkeepers that don't have online reservations, please note the highlighted sentence. You might want to think about this....
"The Internet was used by approximately 90 million American adults to plan travel during the past year with 76 percent of online travelers planning leisure trips online. Most online travel planners are somewhat or extremely satisfied with their experiences in using the Internet to plan their trips. Importantly, most see the Internet as a very useful or essential tool for planning many/most aspects of a trip including where to stay overnight, planning travel routes, potential places to visit, attractions to visit, as well as learning about what to do. The primary tools for travel planning are online travel agency websites, search engines, company websites and destination websites. Airline tickets, overnight lodging accommodations and car rentals are the dominant travel products and services purchased online by travel planners. (Source: Travelers' Use of the Internet, 2009)"

Don't get me started on this one! have a neighbour who only has 3 rooms - very nice doubles and has been empty 3 saturdays in a row - Says to me think I have to get with the internet!!!! You think? they have a web site but no online booking and no 3rd party advertising at all. Those 3 empty weekends would have paid for a years worth

Almost everyone has a computer these days... or an i-phone or i-pod and rely heavily on the internet. I can't imagine why anyone would operate without utilizing it!

Back