The last innkeeper in the woods...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're curious, how big of a cup a single pod makes. We use coffee mugs, which are larger than a regular coffee cup.

We're curious, how big of a cup a single pod makes. We use coffee mugs, which are larger than a regular coffee cup..
Proud Texan said:
We're curious, how big of a cup a single pod makes. We use coffee mugs, which are larger than a regular coffee cup.
You can adjust the water from 4 ozs to 10 ozs on the newer machines. Mine does from 6 ozs to 10 ozs. The mugs I have are 11 ozs so it leaves room for cream. I set the knob at 8 ozs but everyone adjusts it to 10 ozs.

We're curious, how big of a cup a single pod makes. We use coffee mugs, which are larger than a regular coffee cup..
Proud Texan said:
Some machines give you an option of cup size, and some have led electronic stuff, and for that reason, I wanted the one cup size, no gadgetry whatsoever (as you know how people can be).
The one cup size is exactly that, one cup. To the top, it may be better to leave a little more room for cream, etc.
Update: had the dark sumatra and it was strong and really nice. had the italian roast, strong and really nice, as well as the french roast. I am happy with the result. I took advice from everyone here and didn't even get the chocolate or flavored coffee pods at all.

Proud Texan said:
Some machines give you an option of cup size, and some have led electronic stuff, and for that reason, I wanted the one cup size, no gadgetry whatsoever (as you know how people can be).
The one cup size is exactly that, one cup. To the top, it may be better to leave a little more room for cream, etc.
Update: had the dark sumatra and it was strong and really nice. had the italian roast, strong and really nice, as well as the french roast. I am happy with the result. I took advice from everyone here and didn't even get the chocolate or flavored coffee pods at all.
Roast levels for dark roasts.... Vienna Roast, French Roast, Italian Roast, and then finally Spanish Roast. Dark roasts have very little acidity, especially by Italian roast. Vienna Roast should have more of a caramel quality to it, without having anything added to it.

Proud Texan said:
Definitley stay away from the flavors. You're always stuck (like with the hot cocoa) with the flavors no one likes.
So, 'one cup' is 8 ozs or 6? Asking because most 'cups' used to be 6 ozs.
I really had to pay attention when buying our mugs. 11 oz was the smallest I could find. A lot of them were 14 oz.

Proud Texan said:
Definitley stay away from the flavors. You're always stuck (like with the hot cocoa) with the flavors no one likes.
So, 'one cup' is 8 ozs or 6? Asking because most 'cups' used to be 6 ozs.
I really had to pay attention when buying our mugs. 11 oz was the smallest I could find. A lot of them were 14 oz.
5-6 oz cups, as all coffee cups are measured. Hence the 12 cup carafe is 60 to 70 oz. Basically a tea cup. (Which is what I use... no mugs here!)

DH walked in and said "What is this! I thought we weren't going to cave..."
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

haha
Yes, I know...it is an amenity, I realize that. The horror stories of the couple using 18 pods in one day freaked me out. And people not being able to use them, but many people have them at home now, so it is okay. Right? They are more affordable now, but I am only putting a handful out at a time in a basket. I decided against the fancy schmancy turn table of choices..
We have the fancy schmancy turn table. Even with 17 guests last night only 3 pods were used last night.
Decaf. At night. Decaf. Geezers.
Don't get hot cocoa, it clogs the machine.
Turn table holds 36 pods.
If you have a wb mason supply the pods are cheap. Comparatively speaking.
Decaf at night...geezers?! Some of us drink decaf all the time because we have to! ;-)

I stocked regular dark roast, decaf, and a tea (or two). I tried the Chai Tea and latte, but that proved to be too complicated since you have to use the tea/coffee pod plus the creamer pod. haha....
I had the mini moos - regular and flavored - as well as all the sweeteners.
Only one guy really went for many, many cups of coffee with that thing - he was a young doctor.
Honestly, if you offer too many choices, it does seem to confuse people. LOL!
Congrats on offering another great amenity! :)

DH walked in and said "What is this! I thought we weren't going to cave..."
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

haha
Yes, I know...it is an amenity, I realize that. The horror stories of the couple using 18 pods in one day freaked me out. And people not being able to use them, but many people have them at home now, so it is okay. Right? They are more affordable now, but I am only putting a handful out at a time in a basket. I decided against the fancy schmancy turn table of choices..
We have the fancy schmancy turn table. Even with 17 guests last night only 3 pods were used last night.
Decaf. At night. Decaf. Geezers.
Don't get hot cocoa, it clogs the machine.
Turn table holds 36 pods.
If you have a wb mason supply the pods are cheap. Comparatively speaking.
Decaf at night...geezers?! Some of us drink decaf all the time because we have to! ;-)
Samster said:
Only said that because JB rarely gets decaf drinkers. (Unlike here where we go thru a pot a day.) If she's going to put out the pods, some people will want decaf.
Speaking of the pods, friends used to put out a carafe of coffee at night. Of course they got dinged for not having BOTH reg and decaf. Now they have the machine. And other friends have a $4000 espresso machine. If we all think it's hard getting guests to use the fairly popular Keurig, imagine the directions for one of those puppies!

You're not the last...I am, we just got ours today... will let you know how it goes...
wink_smile.gif

You're not the last...I am, we just got ours today... will let you know how it goes...
wink_smile.gif
Willowpondgj said:
wink_smile.gif
Had a guest say aloud when I pointed to it at check in walk through "We HAVE to make our own coffee!?"

wink_smile.gif
Willowpondgj said:
wink_smile.gif
Had a guest say aloud when I pointed to it at check in walk through "We HAVE to make our own coffee!?"
Joey Bloggs said:
Willowpondgj said:
wink_smile.gif
Wow. Ours appreciate that they CAN make their own coffee whenever they want. What bozos.

wink_smile.gif
Willowpondgj said:
wink_smile.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
Willowpondgj said:
wink_smile.gif
"Of course not! You don't HAVE to have coffee at all . . . If you get my drift." ;-)

wink_smile.gif
Willowpondgj said:
wink_smile.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
Willowpondgj said:
wink_smile.gif
Wow. Ours appreciate that they CAN make their own coffee whenever they want. What bozos.
Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Willowpondgj said:
wink_smile.gif
No one else has said that, and most people already have one, thankfully, so appreciate it. I thought that was pretty funny!
I also got a reservation with notes "Cannot find BOOKONLINE code" and I thought it humorous as I LITERALLY HAVE "BOOKONLINE" with the words USE THIS CODE right on it, there is NO WAY YOU CAN MISS IT!

wink_smile.gif
Willowpondgj said:
wink_smile.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
Willowpondgj said:
wink_smile.gif
Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Willowpondgj said:
wink_smile.gif
No one else has said that, and most people already have one, thankfully, so appreciate it. I thought that was pretty funny!
I also got a reservation with notes "Cannot find BOOKONLINE code" and I thought it humorous as I LITERALLY HAVE "BOOKONLINE" with the words USE THIS CODE right on it, there is NO WAY YOU CAN MISS IT!
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Willowpondgj said:
wink_smile.gif
"I can't see the forest! There're too many trees in the way!"

I am still thinking about it. Might do it after the roof is done. Since the couple upstairs told me not to get up to make them coffee (they now leave for work at 4:30 AM) I moved it to the back burner. The get up at 5 was making me seriously think about it.

Speaking of woods...
I am sliding this in here to let you see it, but not the gen-public, it is not released until Friday...but I was excited about what we found. We just got home yesterday.
I gave you a secret way in to view it. You may or may not know I do social media marketing for our state parks, and also write some blogs for them. I love to write them from our experiences at the parks. So when we take our vacation I always have a camera, notebook and pen in hand to write down possible articles (yes I get paid for them!)

Speaking of woods...
I am sliding this in here to let you see it, but not the gen-public, it is not released until Friday...but I was excited about what we found. We just got home yesterday.
I gave you a secret way in to view it. You may or may not know I do social media marketing for our state parks, and also write some blogs for them. I love to write them from our experiences at the parks. So when we take our vacation I always have a camera, notebook and pen in hand to write down possible articles (yes I get paid for them!).
Thank you for sharing. It is wonderful that you get paid for it too. You should be because you are SO GOOD at it!!

Speaking of woods...
I gave you a secret way in to view it. You may or may not know I do social media marketing for our state parks, and also write some blogs for them. I love to write them from our experiences at the parks. So when we take our vacation I always have a camera, notebook and pen in hand to write down possible articles (yes I get paid for them!).
Very cool!

Back