The Letter A - Bree you're going to love this one ....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
I have a lot of board games and a few duplicates, so I put some in the guest rooms rather than just in the sitting room. My "spare" scrabble is in The Cook's Room and has a little note inside it saying "Missing one A" It's stashed in a cupboard that I didn't think most guests even opened.
We had guests staying in that room just before Xmas. She gave a one night stay to her brother as a Xmas gift and he and his wife arrived last night. He hands me an envelope and inside is a note with an "A" scrabble tile taped to it.
I think this has to be the most thoughtful gift I've ever been given.

I better go check my scrabble box.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
haha

hmmm.... i wonder what scrabble game the 'a' came from? that is a nice present

what a good idea! i have a niece who is a scrabble fanatic. that is a great present for her.

But is it the same color as the game you have?
I have about 2-1/2 sets of tiles put together in a glass container to play Speed Scrabble (also known as Draw Two). had I known you were missing an A I could have sent you one.
Speed Scrabble
  • If playing with more than two people, dump a few Scrabble sets together.
  • Place all the tiles in the middle of the table, face down.
  • All players draw seven tiles.
  • Someone says "Go" and all players begin assembling their tiles in Scrabble (crossword) fashion.
  • Once someone gets all of their tiles to play they say "Draw Two" and everyone draws two more tiles.
  • When the tiles run out, the first person to play all their tiles is the winner.
I love Speed Scrabble... but I can't get anyone to play it with me...
=)
Kk.

I have about 2-1/2 sets of tiles put together in a glass container to play Speed Scrabble (also known as Draw Two). had I known you were missing an A I could have sent you one.
Speed Scrabble
  • Someone says "Go" and all players begin assembling their tiles in Scrabble (crossword) fashion.
  • Once someone gets all of their tiles to play they say "Draw Two" and everyone draws two more tiles.
  • When the tiles run out, the first person to play all their tiles is the winner.
=)
Kk..
That is what happens when you are too good a speller!

Speed Scrabble
=)
Kk..
Yes - it is the same color. A perfect match.
I love the idea of speed scabble. Getting DH to play (scrabble) with me is like pulling teeth but he's sweet enough to suggest it once in a while without grimacing.

Speed Scrabble
=)
Kk..
I love the idea of speed scabble. Getting DH to play (scrabble) with me is like pulling teeth but he's sweet enough to suggest it once in a while without grimacing.
The Tipsy Butler said:
New words in the Scrabble canon...zzz, qi and za. Just in case you have a z or 2 left over.

Back