The lies we tell .... the fun we have....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ukmaineiac

Reaction score
OK - supposed to being taxes but need a break .... so here are some of my favorite sayings.
BREAKFAST ....
"Smells good" ? I have a line of Better Breakfast scented mists that I use right before you get up in the morning.
"Looks good" ? Oh Oh - that could be a problem. Right now, I can do looks good OR tastes good. So if it looks good .......
..... and when I'm desperate .....
"I suggest that you pretend you like your breakfast .... that will make me happy and your room is much more likely to get cleaned".

'Smells delicious'? We tell guests we have the 'B&B air system' installed. We wave the coffee or bacon or cinnamon under the hood and the scent wafts throughout the house. We then say it's proprietary so they can't get it for waking up their kids.
I like the 'Looks good' response!

'Smells delicious'? We tell guests we have the 'B&B air system' installed. We wave the coffee or bacon or cinnamon under the hood and the scent wafts throughout the house. We then say it's proprietary so they can't get it for waking up their kids.
I like the 'Looks good' response!.
LOVE IT ....

We have a very sensitive smoke alarm that often goes off when I'm cooking breakfast.
G often goes into the dining room and say "don't panic, it's just your breakfast burning".

We have a very sensitive smoke alarm that often goes off when I'm cooking breakfast.
G often goes into the dining room and say "don't panic, it's just your breakfast burning"..
Ours is not that sensitive, but it is close to the kitchen. When it goes off (rarely) I pop into the dining room and yell, 'Breakfast is ready!'
We do that at home as well when it goes off during dinner prep. 'Dinner's ready!'

G often goes into the dining room and say "don't panic, it's just your breakfast burning"..
When we bought the inn, they actually had a smoke detector in the kitchen, almost directly above the stove! After a couple times of it going off, I think I broke it trying to throw it out the window. It just confirmed my assumption that the previous owners barely cooked.
poke.gif

Ours is not that sensitive, but it is close to the kitchen. When it goes off (rarely) I pop into the dining room and yell, 'Breakfast is ready!'
We do that at home as well when it goes off during dinner prep. 'Dinner's ready!'
We had a lovely couple stay for week in the summer. After I set the smoke alarm cooking their breakfast a couple of times they came back one day and said "we have a present for you". It was a plaque that read "dinner is ready when the smoke alarm goes off".
It's proudly displayed in the dining room.

We had a lovely couple stay for week in the summer. After I set the smoke alarm cooking their breakfast a couple of times they came back one day and said "we have a present for you". It was a plaque that read "dinner is ready when the smoke alarm goes off".
It's proudly displayed in the dining room.
We got a plaque from repeat guests who stay a long time. It reads: You are leaving on Sunday aren't you???
We put it in their room when they're here.

Back