The long lost weekend

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
This is going to be a long weekend...
This couple, he is I thought, the husband but looks like the grandfather, very old and feeble. She went back to her car to get her pocketbook and I asked a child to come in and help carry his bag up, he said No! He wouldn't let it out of his sight.
So then he used it as a ledge to pull him up the stairs and BOOM BOOM BOOM... up the entire flight of stairs.
My face is hot now, If I was sitting here I would have LOST MY MIND. I stood there and waited as he did this. I said a couple times "LET ME HELP YOU!" NO, he would reply.
I need out of here...

I so wish I lived closer so you could call on me when you have one of these days/weekends! Chin up - it has to get better, right?! If he is as old and feeble as you describe he probably thinks he would have to tip someone to help him - can you assure him b4 he leaves that bag carrying is complimentary and in fact "the child enjoys helping guests" or something like that?!

If it makes you feel any better you are in good company...this weekend is PARENTS' WEEKEND for us...cue scary music!!!

Cue scary music parents weekend and halloween a perfect combo aye Don?
The son and dil showed with cigs hanging off their lips. I already warned the family if you see them smoke on the porch tell me. They are so not B&B people, this is going to be rough.
I am so so sad, with so many people who want to see the fall color to have people here for other reasons...it just is not on!
DH said I should have just grabbed his bag or wrestled it away from him. Wouldn't want to drop the gold that must be inside.

The son and dil showed with cigs hanging off their lips. I already warned the family if you see them smoke on the porch tell me. They are so not B&B people, this is going to be rough.
I am so so sad, with so many people who want to see the fall color to have people here for other reasons...it just is not on!
DH said I should have just grabbed his bag or wrestled it away from him. Wouldn't want to drop the gold that must be inside..
I am hopeful that the ghosties will outweigh the parents for this weekend. We have one set of unknowns, the rest have stayed before and are at least decent.
Take a deep breath, we are almost out of this month. Then we can roll our pennies together to try to squeak through the long cold winter!!!

Oh yeah...after NEXT weekend we are dead in the water. Going out with a bang is it, nearly there...nearly out of dodge.

DH said I should have just grabbed his bag or wrestled it away from him. Wouldn't want to drop the gold that must be inside..
The only remaining innkeeper in this town would say there's no such thing as "not B&B people" if their credit card is good. However, I don't agree with that. Sometimes the power of the dollar wasn't good enough for me.
The only comfort is our old innkeepers' adage, "They stay, they pay, they go away...."
Hope you survive the weekend!
pita.gif

I know I was going mad as we have had these golfers in and one banged his bag all the way up to the top floor and down again I was helping him after the first flight and he was all you are so good to help Wanted to scream I don't wan't you smashing my stairs with your blasted bag and walking up or disturbing all my other guests! Dumb ASS!!!

Smokers up and down the stairs, slamming the front door FIVE TIMES in the night. This means opening and closing their bedroom door as well.
FIVE

Yep this is going to be a long Friday - just found out yesterday morning that the President will be in town from 6pm - 9pm and the entire downtown will be blocked. They plan to block the highway from the airport to downtown - with all of the university trying to get home at 5pm will be interesting.
Emailed the link about the road blockage to my guests - it will not affect them getting to us but how the heck are they to get any dinner? Offered to pick up my gourmet picnic dinner - one said no they will dine on the way down so they are set - we are definately not going out so it does not matter when they come, but have not heard from the others.
RIki

Yep this is going to be a long Friday - just found out yesterday morning that the President will be in town from 6pm - 9pm and the entire downtown will be blocked. They plan to block the highway from the airport to downtown - with all of the university trying to get home at 5pm will be interesting.
Emailed the link about the road blockage to my guests - it will not affect them getting to us but how the heck are they to get any dinner? Offered to pick up my gourmet picnic dinner - one said no they will dine on the way down so they are set - we are definately not going out so it does not matter when they come, but have not heard from the others.
RIki.
Man, that has got to be so frustrating, and with security they always have to let you know at the last minute. Gonna be a LONG Friday today.

Oh yeah...after NEXT weekend we are dead in the water. Going out with a bang is it, nearly there...nearly out of dodge..
We to are counting the days..............Season is winding down and I am soooooooooo ready for a break. This is our first weekend in many that we aren't full. Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful we had a great season........BUT I'm ready for a little "us" time!!!
cheers.gif

I just can;t go into detail or my family will tighten the straps on this straight jacket and I won't be able to type! AWFUL TERRIBLE HORRIBLE GUESTS...Say surrah surrah to the winding down of the season is all I can say.
Back to the NASCAR comment, 5 of 6 rooms made their beds, loved everything polite wonderful. These people certainly are not. Any of the above.

Blergh. How many more days/nights of them? I hope they are leaving today 'cause they were too cheap to stay for 2 nights
teeth_smile.gif

I don't want to speak too soon but we seem to have won the game for Parents' Weekend this year. 6 out of 9 rooms are parents, and of those 5 were previous guests and very nice, the 1 unknown is a single dad, so easy as pie. The 3 other rooms are also PG's, here for Halloween and awesome. Two sets of parents called and said they would be late, so we were actually finished by 6 pm. WHEE!

Blergh. How many more days/nights of them? I hope they are leaving today 'cause they were too cheap to stay for 2 nights
teeth_smile.gif

I don't want to speak too soon but we seem to have won the game for Parents' Weekend this year. 6 out of 9 rooms are parents, and of those 5 were previous guests and very nice, the 1 unknown is a single dad, so easy as pie. The 3 other rooms are also PG's, here for Halloween and awesome. Two sets of parents called and said they would be late, so we were actually finished by 6 pm. WHEE!.
So of course I spoke too soon. When I checked the single dad in yesterday (who was supposed to have his wife with him), I said "Oh are you by yourself this weekend?". To which he replied "Yes, my wife couldn't make it". Okie dokie, no problem. One less breakfast to make.
EXCEPT, today with no notice at all, he shows up with his daughter for breakfast. Thanks for letting me know jackass.

teeth_smile.gif

I don't want to speak too soon but we seem to have won the game for Parents' Weekend this year. 6 out of 9 rooms are parents, and of those 5 were previous guests and very nice, the 1 unknown is a single dad, so easy as pie. The 3 other rooms are also PG's, here for Halloween and awesome. Two sets of parents called and said they would be late, so we were actually finished by 6 pm. WHEE!.
So of course I spoke too soon. When I checked the single dad in yesterday (who was supposed to have his wife with him), I said "Oh are you by yourself this weekend?". To which he replied "Yes, my wife couldn't make it". Okie dokie, no problem. One less breakfast to make.
EXCEPT, today with no notice at all, he shows up with his daughter for breakfast. Thanks for letting me know jackass.
yeah....that's funny
I was the dad....I would have done the same thing.
What I would have been wondering, had the wife been there, would there then be 3 for breakfast?

Back