The Lord Moves in Mysterious Ways....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
There was a house fire about 5 miles from here lasr week. I got a call last night asking about our rates and availability. It was teh lady with the fire. She has 2 boys (14 & 19). I told her the rate - said I could put up a cot - and said if the insurance company said OK, I could do it. (I had told her the local motel first but they were full, plus she did not want there). She did not call this morning so this aftgernoon, we left to go do errands and lunch. Got most of the errands done when I called home to check the machine. We skipped the last errand and came straight home after we ate. She arrived with check in hand to fully pay thru Sunday night. I really did not want to set up the cot and since it is s l o w here right now, when she arrived, I changed the deal. I gave her the 2 rooms that share the bathroom and I will have cereal, milk, juice, coffee in the mornings and nights I have other guests, they get the breakfast (as will happen Sunday) also. She is happy, I am happy, my checking account and creditors will be happy! The Lord provided!!!

heart.gif

That He does K-when you think all is lost He comes through somehow-how faulous for you and that family-Im sure that they are ever grateful and will ALWAYS remember staying at the B & B, feeling safe at such a awful time in their lives plus- you may have even made lifelong B & B goers!

Wrinkle - she does not work so everyone is here all day. I do not have to say more. Younger kid did not go to school today. The older boy stormed off just before the mother of storms swept through so I do not know if/when he will return. They do not have a car........ BUT I took the check to the bank today. Temporary solvency.

Back