The Luggage.... Organic Please...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
What a week. Mom's in Hospital (somersault down her apartment stairs).
Guest left with another guests luggage!
Another guest asks for organic breakfast. Okay, then GF. Not really GF, but we're into fads.
Guest calls for Wifi password... from upstairs.
Kill me NOW!

Sorry about your mom. Is she going to be ok? My dad fell and broke his him in May or so and spent 7 weeks in rehab! It was tough.
How do you grab someone else's luggage??? Duh.
I don't stock anything specifically organic. I can make you Quaker Oatmeal.

Sorry about your mom. Is she going to be ok? My dad fell and broke his him in May or so and spent 7 weeks in rehab! It was tough.
How do you grab someone else's luggage??? Duh.
I don't stock anything specifically organic. I can make you Quaker Oatmeal..
I think I'm going to set up a standard fee for that request and see if it ever comes up again. In fact, maybe I should set up a "fad diet" charge. Celiac, N/C, non Celiac $25 extra :)

We have this problem with conference delegates when they want to leave luggage to pick up then catch the train (due to terrorism we do not have lockers in train stations since the 1980's) but they are all given identical conference bags - spend my time tying them to the right suitcase! imagine 1000 identical ruddy bags!

We have this problem with conference delegates when they want to leave luggage to pick up then catch the train (due to terrorism we do not have lockers in train stations since the 1980's) but they are all given identical conference bags - spend my time tying them to the right suitcase! imagine 1000 identical ruddy bags!.
You must have missed the British luggage fiasco...
team-great-britain-olympics-luggage.jpg

We have this problem with conference delegates when they want to leave luggage to pick up then catch the train (due to terrorism we do not have lockers in train stations since the 1980's) but they are all given identical conference bags - spend my time tying them to the right suitcase! imagine 1000 identical ruddy bags!.
You must have missed the British luggage fiasco...
team-great-britain-olympics-luggage.jpg

That's what's the tags are for!!!!!! So sorry to hear about your mom! I will be thinking of you two and have eaten a Pop Tart in both of yours honor. I am also praying for you all.

No!!!!!! We can't kill you! What would we ever do without our beloved Generic?!?!?

Give our regards to Mom. Tell her the Olympics are over so she cannot try out for the team. May she heal quickly and have not broken anything.

I see you are having another fun day Not!
Sending healing though s for your MUM. that is a nasty fall. Hope like heck she did not break her hip.

Sending healing though s for your MUM. that is a nasty fall. Hope like heck she did not break her hip..
Not the hip. They are worried about her collar bone and spine.

Sending healing though s for your MUM. that is a nasty fall. Hope like heck she did not break her hip..
My sister broke her collar bone back in the nineties. They gave her a sling for her arm to stabilized the shoulder, thats all besides pain killer. But the spine…. Hoping its not the spine! I have you all in my thoughts and prayers.

My sister broke her collar bone back in the nineties. They gave her a sling for her arm to stabilized the shoulder, thats all besides pain killer. But the spine…. Hoping its not the spine! I have you all in my thoughts and prayers.
Me too. I think they are worried about the L3 which is why they want a brace, but they aren't saying much. I think it's temporary. I hope it's all temporary. They did talk about sending her for some rehab after the hospital.
Honestly, I'm worried that she may have to move in her and lose some of her independence, she's a little stubborn and well... I'm a lot stubborn about how my house runs. So she will have to adjust... like we don't eat in the bedroom (which is fine, if you live alone, but with others, you eat dinner together at a table.)

I am very sorry about your Mom, the rest you can laugh about on holidays in a few months.
heart.gif

So sorry to hear about your mother! I hope she's able to recover fully and be independent again.

A couple of years ago we went on a cruise and DH has a large red suitcase. Not that many red bags out there at that time. At the end of waiting and waiting for his bag at the turnstile, the only bag left was a red bag...and not DH's!
Some guy took off with the wrong bag, the airline tracked him down after hours. The dude wasn't staying in an airport hotel and wanted to put DH's bag in a cab! Very long story short, due to the efforts of an airline employee, he got the bag and delivered it to us around midnight.
Even with tags and markings, some people just don't look. I guess those are the same as the people that don't read.

Me too. I think they are worried about the L3 which is why they want a brace, but they aren't saying much. I think it's temporary. I hope it's all temporary. They did talk about sending her for some rehab after the hospital.
Honestly, I'm worried that she may have to move in her and lose some of her independence, she's a little stubborn and well... I'm a lot stubborn about how my house runs. So she will have to adjust... like we don't eat in the bedroom (which is fine, if you live alone, but with others, you eat dinner together at a table.)
If that is the case, you will be the gracious and beloved son and provide her a wonderful space for her. If she insist in eating in her room, then a nice table and chairs so you and he-that-shall-not-be-named can enjoy meals together with her. I know it is stressful having parents in your home and business. I would look into having a person come to help her in the morning so you can be the gracious host to the guests while she is being taken care of. Then you can come and we can sympathize with you. Besides us, I believe there are at least three others here taking care of parents.
My biggest hope is that the above advise will not be needed for a long time….

If that is the case, you will be the gracious and beloved son and provide her a wonderful space for her. If she insist in eating in her room, then a nice table and chairs so you and he-that-shall-not-be-named can enjoy meals together with her. I know it is stressful having parents in your home and business. I would look into having a person come to help her in the morning so you can be the gracious host to the guests while she is being taken care of. Then you can come and we can sympathize with you. Besides us, I believe there are at least three others here taking care of parents.
My biggest hope is that the above advise will not be needed for a long time….
Im safe ha ha - my mother doesn't even believe in having a cup of tea made and brought to her in bed! I get off scot free!

Argh...so sorry about your mom. My mom took a header down our stairs in July about 14 years ago when she was 80. Timing could not have been worse for us with back to back full house for a couple of months. But it is amazing that she survived the broken hip, surgery, rehab and trip back to FL to her home. She lived to a ripe old age of 93.
I hope your mom is made of the same tough stuff and that she is back to herself soon.

I am on the other end of this discussion. I am doing everything humanly possible so my children will never be faced with "where does Ma go? Who drew the short straw?" I cannot remember the last visit to the doctor - any doctor. They are also praying I outlive Himself for the same reason as given above but HE goes to doctors regularly.
Generic - your Mom sounds like a strong person and you are the product of her parenting. Good luck - it will be an interesting phase in both of your lives. May she be able to return to her own abode where both of you will be happier. (I had realized many years ago that my Mom and I were so much alike that we would not be able to be in the same house for 10 minutes if we knew it was permanent.)

Back