The Makeover Guests

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
It happened to me again, and don't be offended when I say all women in their 60's with short grey hair look alike. It just happens sometimes here...
Three of the four rooms have a female in her 60's, they checked in from their road trip or spending the day hiking or at the lake and look one way, they meander down to the table the next morning showered, refreshed with jewelry and makeup on and look another way.
I have one person out of the 8 who is a vegetarian. I had her plate set aside and for the life of me could not tell who was who and I CHECKED THEM ALL IN!
I walked out and refilled coffee and took another gander, nope still can't tell! (And yes I did look at the men to see if I could recall who was with you, but sometimes the ladies sit together!)
Finally I sent a spy out to whisper "Vegetarian right?" In the first candidates ear. Nope. Then on the the second "Vegetarian?" Yes, I eat eggs but not meat. SCORE!

haha ... my late mom and friends had their hair done by 'Esta, the hair dressa' ... Esther did one basic cut for all the ladies.
but there's no problem saying 'now, who has the vegetarian meal?' is there? i would NOT make a good waitress, have no idea how they get it all straight.

That was my second choice, to walk out with that and have them all say "I'll have that today!" So my preferred method was to find out ahead of time. The main course was quiche - half of one was tomato, cheese, onion and sour cream for just this guest. The rest were getting quiche lorraine, so I needed to know. It would be okay if they all got the non meat, but I only had a couple slices.

Fresh fruit is in season! YEAHHHHH
Today there was ice cold watermelon, plump juicy blueberries, fresh ultra sweet pineapple, huge red ripe strawberries, golden and green kiwi - so it was pretty veggie day already oh and rosemary potatoes. There was just that wee bit of ham...I could have left it out but I like ham in my quiche and hot sauce...my other secret ingredient. :)

That was my second choice, to walk out with that and have them all say "I'll have that today!" So my preferred method was to find out ahead of time. The main course was quiche - half of one was tomato, cheese, onion and sour cream for just this guest. The rest were getting quiche lorraine, so I needed to know. It would be okay if they all got the non meat, but I only had a couple slices..
We learned early on ...not to put meat in any combination dishes. We always just served it on the side so those who never informed us...could still eat the rest of the meal.

I still do, I serve meat in or near all of the main courses. Omelets have meat in them, obv pecan pancakes and such have it on the side. :)

I still do, I serve meat in or near all of the main courses. Omelets have meat in them, obv pecan pancakes and such have it on the side. :).
I do as well JB. This is by far the easiest way (for ME) to serve a group of people.

Back