The more the slobbier

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LzBorden

Reaction score
Putting on the cloak of anonimity to ask why groups of women, 6 or more, are total slobs. Do they get out of their own homes and just go freakin nuts when someone else has to clean up after them? Is this the norm or are we just lucky?
angry_smile.gif

You know, I was going to go after the women's groups but then thought about the amount of luggage that travels with most women. I know how to travel without bringing everything I own, but these groups always seem to show up with multitudes of stuff.
I decided we have more fun with couples and are experiencing less damage from luggage so I don't promote the sleeper couch or sleeper chair in my suites unless they are two travelers that don't want to share a bed.
I think you are probably experiencing the "mob mentality" which is also why we don't do wine tours for more than 6.
Riki

Were they all in the same room? I've had calls here wanting to put 6 women in one room. Guys, OTOH, not only won't share a bed, they won't share a room with 2 beds.
Anyway, I haven't really found that they're messier because they're women but because they're a group. Whole house or close to whole house guests always seem to be messier.
But, there's something to be said for finally getting to relax and knowing someone else is going to be picking up that mess.

I would prefer not to have groups for just that reason. Three different couples make life so much easier.

You know, I was going to go after the women's groups but then thought about the amount of luggage that travels with most women. I know how to travel without bringing everything I own, but these groups always seem to show up with multitudes of stuff.
I decided we have more fun with couples and are experiencing less damage from luggage so I don't promote the sleeper couch or sleeper chair in my suites unless they are two travelers that don't want to share a bed.
I think you are probably experiencing the "mob mentality" which is also why we don't do wine tours for more than 6.
Riki.
egoodell said:
Riki
Yep, that group mentality really encourages them all to just takeover the place. They become very mob-like very quickly.
Personally, I always prefer keeping the guests just that, guests. Let the groups go to the big guys where taking over is infinitely more difficult.
I know a lot of B&Bs that really go after the group business. But I always think they're gluttons for punishment...

Riki.
egoodell said:
Riki
Yep, that group mentality really encourages them all to just takeover the place. They become very mob-like very quickly.
Personally, I always prefer keeping the guests just that, guests. Let the groups go to the big guys where taking over is infinitely more difficult.
I know a lot of B&Bs that really go after the group business. But I always think they're gluttons for punishment...
Innkeeper To Go said:
egoodell said:
Riki

I'm with you there. When I have five rooms, I'll feel like I'm dealing with groups! Right now only two.
RIki

A house full of couples is ALWAYS easier than a group, at least in our first year of experience.

Back