The more things change...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
We have 3 rooms with closets. I know some of you have closets in every room. Today is a typical day...so far no one has used the closets. Coats are thrown on chairs, suitcases are all over the floor and someone has hung his underwear on the door hinges and handles TO THE CLOSET!
You know my demographic. It is not young and foolish. It is older and ought to know better!

Oh, we have closets, but they're rarely used!
Ewwww, I'm just thinking about having to disinfect that closet handle!

Every room has a closet here, a couple have walk-ins. Same story here, every age as well.
A few days ago I bring a couple to a room with a walk in, they had their hands full as well as rolling totes. I open the closet door and turn around to see they have plopped everything on the bed, chair and daybed. Closet was never used.

Go figure....they would complain if you didn't have closets , but they live off the floor if you do.
angry_smile.gif

I have found that our short-stay guests (2-3 nights) live out of their suit cases and rarely hang any thing in the closets, while those staying 4-7 nights tend to unpack and hang their cloths. People do tend to get messy after day 4 though, so it's not at all unusual to find that, by the end of a 7-night stay, they are basically dropping their cloths wherever they undress.

Go figure....they would complain if you didn't have closets , but they live off the floor if you do.
angry_smile.gif

I have found that our short-stay guests (2-3 nights) live out of their suit cases and rarely hang any thing in the closets, while those staying 4-7 nights tend to unpack and hang their cloths. People do tend to get messy after day 4 though, so it's not at all unusual to find that, by the end of a 7-night stay, they are basically dropping their cloths wherever they undress..
And if you have shelves, they want drawers and if you have drawers they want shelves. And they look at you, like you came from a very different planet because you don't understand why they didn't put things in the drawers or the shelves.

Back