The Muffin Bar

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I thought of a couple of you when I saw this. This is not so much "made-to-order" but specialized cooking, THE MUFFIN BAR I call it.
I thought, here is the mix and you can ask the guests what ingredients they want in their muffins, or even let them choose them from a fruit /nut chocolate bar (if you had a couple rooms). Just like you who do smoothies might ask (sorry the graphic is small hit CTRL+ to enlarge the screen on your browser) just imagine anything that could go into a muffin on the list (on "the muffin bar"):
131378514100294349_VXrMa8xH_f.jpg

1 CUP STEVIA?????? Stevia is 300 times sweeter than sugar!!! When I bake a mufin recipe with Stevia, I use 3/8 teaspoon of Stevia. Yowzza!

1 CUP STEVIA?????? Stevia is 300 times sweeter than sugar!!! When I bake a mufin recipe with Stevia, I use 3/8 teaspoon of Stevia. Yowzza!.
Yeah I only shared the IDEA not the recipe itself, I am sure innkeepers have their own, and then can do the fruit/nut/chocolate adds in to that.
I wouldn't want that in my muffin, ick

1 CUP STEVIA?????? Stevia is 300 times sweeter than sugar!!! When I bake a mufin recipe with Stevia, I use 3/8 teaspoon of Stevia. Yowzza!.
Yeah I only shared the IDEA not the recipe itself, I am sure innkeepers have their own, and then can do the fruit/nut/chocolate adds in to that.
I wouldn't want that in my muffin, ick
I have a blueberry muffin recipe that I often use with choc chips instead. What I like about it is it uses 1/4 cup sugar!!!

Wow, that's a lot of Stevia. I wonder if it's a typo. Anyone willing to test drive this recipe?
wink_smile.gif
I checked the Stevia site itself and their recipes range from 1 1/2 tsp to 1 1/2 tbsp. But, I did see another recipe that called for a 1/2 c.
There usually isn't that much difference but I think a lot of it may have to do with most of the recipes being some sort of 'health food' recipe with a ton of veggies or flax seed.

Wow, that's a lot of Stevia. I wonder if it's a typo. Anyone willing to test drive this recipe?
wink_smile.gif
I checked the Stevia site itself and their recipes range from 1 1/2 tsp to 1 1/2 tbsp. But, I did see another recipe that called for a 1/2 c.
There usually isn't that much difference but I think a lot of it may have to do with most of the recipes being some sort of 'health food' recipe with a ton of veggies or flax seed.
I've substituted Stevia, that's why I wondered if it should have been 1 tsp, instead of 1 cup! Still seems like an awful lot of sweetener...

Back