The 'no changes allowed' policy

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you do multiple discounts? ie- long time guests who regularly get a discount book this 'special rate'. Do they also get their repeat discount on top of the discounted rate?.
I wouldn't say so.

Next question - advance purchase rate, is this for a one night stay coming up this week? How can you put in on your online rez. A one night stay coming up this week should not be eligible for the advance purchase rate. ??
For my webervations 1.0 I can put in a date time frame, but I don't believe it is static, I think I would have to go in and manually update it. Let me go have a look...I want it available along side the other specials and packages and add ons.
Other question - maybe this prepade needs to be 2 night stay +? Or you will have those last minute one night bookings.
I am sure it is easier than I am thinking. I am in weberv 1.0 to see if I can add it and have also emailed John B to ask his help on this for weberv users.

I added it in weberv 1.0 as a discount and it ONLY showed that discount on my booking page, did not show any other specials I am currently running. So I quickly deleted it, need to be able to book a reg room without the prepay advance purch special.
Okay so tried it again with another special and I cannot offer both discounts? Only one? I have the book online and save $10 and made the prepay advance notice 2+ nights. So when 2 nights come up it ONLY gives the option of the prepay, I want guests to NOT have to prepay, give them the choice.

I added it in weberv 1.0 as a discount and it ONLY showed that discount on my booking page, did not show any other specials I am currently running. So I quickly deleted it, need to be able to book a reg room without the prepay advance purch special.
Okay so tried it again with another special and I cannot offer both discounts? Only one? I have the book online and save $10 and made the prepay advance notice 2+ nights. So when 2 nights come up it ONLY gives the option of the prepay, I want guests to NOT have to prepay, give them the choice..
Makes you think that the hotel booking software must be pretty powerful...

Okay so tried it again with another special and I cannot offer both discounts? Only one? I have the book online and save $10 and made the prepay advance notice 2+ nights. So when 2 nights come up it ONLY gives the option of the prepay, I want guests to NOT have to prepay, give them the choice..
Joey Bloggs said:
Okay so tried it again with another special and I cannot offer both discounts? Only one? I have the book online and save $10 and made the prepay advance notice 2+ nights. So when 2 nights come up it ONLY gives the option of the prepay, I want guests to NOT have to prepay, give them the choice.
Let me look into Webervations capabilities, but I don't think it was ever designed to show more than one rate for a given room. Showing a nested rate structure (multiple rates avaiable for one room on any given night) with varying rate parameters is pretty sophisticated stuff. In this instance, it would also require being able to load deposit and cancel policies that are attached to a rate, not to a room or property - again - pretty sophisticated stuff. The database and logic for that are not something that ever was built into Webervations, and honestly isn't something available in very many affordable PMS packages. Even Rezo GT has limitations to the flexibility, although it is built with a nested rate structure that can assign different rates to different channels.

Doesn't sound sophisticaled enough to handle this via on line. Maybe you could make this a PHONE ONLY ADVANCE thing and then the only way to get it would be to call you and you EXPLAIN very clearly..that it is non refundable and NON changeable. And even then I wonder if someone will get it!!! They will think OH I can just call this person up and cancel..it is just a B & B:-(

Doesn't sound sophisticaled enough to handle this via on line. Maybe you could make this a PHONE ONLY ADVANCE thing and then the only way to get it would be to call you and you EXPLAIN very clearly..that it is non refundable and NON changeable. And even then I wonder if someone will get it!!! They will think OH I can just call this person up and cancel..it is just a B & B:-(
catlady said:
CL & John,
I figured this was the situation. It would be either one discount or the other. The reason I ONLY want it is online, is, well you know, that little ticked box saying they agree to our policy's.
The only OTHER option I can think of is to have it as an add on upsale item, but it does not allow - negative (-discounting) only added cost. If I could have it as one of the upsale items, then the guest could choose this option to their reservation.
I already added it into my policies on another line - reading as:
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']"Advance Purchase prepaid reservations are non-refundable and non-changeable. If you have booked the Advance Purchase Special you have agreed to pay fully in advance including tax." [/FONT]

catlady said:
CL & John,
I figured this was the situation. It would be either one discount or the other. The reason I ONLY want it is online, is, well you know, that little ticked box saying they agree to our policy's.
The only OTHER option I can think of is to have it as an add on upsale item, but it does not allow - negative (-discounting) only added cost. If I could have it as one of the upsale items, then the guest could choose this option to their reservation.
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']"Advance Purchase prepaid reservations are non-refundable and non-changeable. If you have booked the Advance Purchase Special you have agreed to pay fully in advance including tax." [/FONT]
Joey Bloggs said:
catlady said:
CL & John,
Hmm... a negative add-on. That is a pretty darn bright idea actually. Doing a negative add-on might be possible since that would only change a parameter in the DB. We still would have the issue of the deposit rules though. Typically if you are going to take full payment you want a receipt page showing fully paid/etc. along with those policies. Ultimately you would open yourself up to some chargebacks on this if you got an unscrupulous customer who made a reservation.

catlady said:
CL & John,
Joey Bloggs said:
catlady said:
CL & John,
Hmm... a negative add-on. That is a pretty darn bright idea actually. Doing a negative add-on might be possible since that would only change a parameter in the DB. We still would have the issue of the deposit rules though. Typically if you are going to take full payment you want a receipt page showing fully paid/etc. along with those policies. Ultimately you would open yourself up to some chargebacks on this if you got an unscrupulous customer who made a reservation.
Since I do my cc processing separately, I would PDF or mail a hard copy of the paid in full rcpt to the guest reiterating the policies once again. All of our guests get a statement after payment anyway. I know many innkeepers just provide the cc rcpt.

Back