The oh-so-fun life of an innkeeper

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Yeah it’s “ALL THAT!” ha ha
... the cleaning NEVER ENDS
Hanging from the 9 foot ceiling in the dining room is this barrel of laughs…yeah I finally got this chore done today.
lrg_Chandelier_Cleaning.JPG

It was looking at one of those in a meeting many years ago that gave me the new appreciation of my B & B. I do not have any of those to clean!
I do have a pile of laundry though. Got a call Wednesday asking availability for Thursday. Yesterday afternoon a young Marine and his new bride were dropped off after their reception (at a guess, their immediate families) and they were picked up this morning after breakfast. He is being deployed in April. They looked soooo young. Made me wish I could afford to more than the 25% off-season military discount. Gave them WV hand-blown champagne goblets and a bottle of cider. They did not go out for dinner - so I took a platter of pretzels up, tapped on the door, left it at the door, and went back downstairs quickly. I put a disposable camera at her place at the table this morning so they could have some photos of their honeymoon.
It took that reservation to get me in gear to decorate for Christmas.

I got a Christmas card from a friend who asked how the business was going and also said that they needed to give us a call for some advice because they were thinking about doing a B&B with their brother & sister-in-law. Uh, what do you think that I'm going to say? hahahahahaha.....
I guess they didn't read the part in the Christmas letter in the card that I sent them that said we closed the biz this year....

I got a Christmas card from a friend who asked how the business was going and also said that they needed to give us a call for some advice because they were thinking about doing a B&B with their brother & sister-in-law. Uh, what do you think that I'm going to say? hahahahahaha.....
I guess they didn't read the part in the Christmas letter in the card that I sent them that said we closed the biz this year.....
Another testament to the fact that people don't read, eh?!

My favourite time of year - we are always full with people that have stayed with us before. A fun breakfast full of laughter, a quick room turn-down / refresh and then we have the rest of the day to ourselves. For me, it's so much better than an empty house .... and it gives me the perfect excuse to really decorate and find fun turn-down treats.

I guess they didn't read the part in the Christmas letter in the card that I sent them that said we closed the biz this year.....
Another testament to the fact that people don't read, eh?!
Absolutely!!

My favourite time of year - we are always full with people that have stayed with us before. A fun breakfast full of laughter, a quick room turn-down / refresh and then we have the rest of the day to ourselves. For me, it's so much better than an empty house .... and it gives me the perfect excuse to really decorate and find fun turn-down treats..
Sounds like a good time! Christmas is always more fun for me when we have spent it with all our family. We had a very quiet Christmas this year....our son was here but has a horrible cold so it was very low key.

I have one similar in the dinning room......smoked glass crystals....cleaned every year before the holidays.........I hate the damn thing

Back