The one-armed paper hanger

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
The review went like this:
"JB" was very lovely. It was a wonderful upgrade, A very large suite. We would havev given the inn 5 stars if "JB" would have spent so time at breakfast with us. Breakfast was very good.
They got a $30 upgrade for free.
They were with us at a FULL HOUSE on SUNDAY night of Race weekend, so Monday we had an 8am breakfast FOR ALL ROOMS, and ALL ROOMS CHECKING OUT. (What time do you get up for an 8am-er?)
I was like a one-armed paper hanger...I am STILL doing guest linen laundry from Monday's check out...my own sits in a heap outside our hamper...
I am not sure why he feels he BOUGHT A PIECE OF ME.
And this is why innkeepers are cranky y'all...righ-tcheer (as they say in the mountains)
I don't really care, come in at 8pm and out at 9am, you wanna piece of me, hey punk? Its all good...they were good guests.

Boy, I hear ya!
Got one recently from a Parisian who (according to the review) expected me to not only be present when they departed before 7am, but also expected breakfast.
This review is not on TA which is bittersweet, at least TA allows a mgr reply.

We are not their event planner...I am sure you spent plenty of time giving them info etc etc....come on folks give 'em a break...you don't pay for the innkeepers time. You pay for a bed and breakfast. Yes, we throw in alot more, but you aren't paying for that. Maybe concierge services should come with a fee.

Holy cow. They couldn't talk to anyone else but you? People like that annoy me. And they dangle that carrot...would have been...if only...
However, if you respond I wouldn't mention it all. They did it to annoy so don't give them the satisfaction.

Holy cow. They couldn't talk to anyone else but you? People like that annoy me. And they dangle that carrot...would have been...if only...
However, if you respond I wouldn't mention it all. They did it to annoy so don't give them the satisfaction..
Madeleine said:
However, if you respond I wouldn't mention it all. They did it to annoy so don't give them the satisfaction.
I responded with a blog article thanking our marvelous guests from this weekend. So sugar sweet I hope he chokes on it. I did mean it though, we did have great guests (most of them).

However, if you respond I wouldn't mention it all. They did it to annoy so don't give them the satisfaction..
Madeleine said:
Apparently an entire PACKED TABLE full of laughter and fun was not enough. Although I heard his voice louder than everyone elses at the table, so he certainly got to speak.
Too bad he was not sitting with the two psychiatrists for the mule jumping contest...(they were in the same room the day before)
and for the record...I would have loved to be out with the great guests having coffee and livin' it up, but somebody had to cook the locavore farm-raised food. LOL!
shades_smile.gif

local.jpg

Madeleine said:
Apparently an entire PACKED TABLE full of laughter and fun was not enough. Although I heard his voice louder than everyone elses at the table, so he certainly got to speak.
Too bad he was not sitting with the two psychiatrists for the mule jumping contest...(they were in the same room the day before)
and for the record...I would have loved to be out with the great guests having coffee and livin' it up, but somebody had to cook the locavore farm-raised food. LOL!
shades_smile.gif

local.jpg

I guess then that's an excellent response: I would have loved to sit down with y'all and share a cuppa, but y'all were hungry and needed to be fed.

Back