The only guests in the inn or the universe

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
Several weeks ago a guest made a reservation for one night. She wanted two nights but the room was occupied on her second night. We had another room open at the time but she did not want to commit to the second night without talking to her friends to be sure they wanted a different room for the second night. My assumption was that she would keep looking and cancel here when she found a room somewhere else that was open for two nights.
She arrived and stated, 'We have x room tonight and you are moving us to a different room tomorrow night.'
No, actually, we are full tomorrow night and you never called back to reserve the other room after talking with your friends. She is still wondering why she had to call back when she expressly told me she was going to talk this over with her friends. Somewhere, they decided to stay two nights even if they had to move.
News to me. It seems they all knew this but everyone neglected to call us and reserve the second night. Because of their particular situation- no stairs, need 3 beds- it was not easy to find other accommodations for them. Eventually I did, at half my price. I guess they won't be coming back here ever again!

Good Riddance! If they are that flaky as to not call to reserve and confirm..forget about them.

I used to be soft but now I am very clear that if they don't ring back then they don't have the room. Whether we are busy or not I say to be aware it is a busy time and I can 't hold the room unless you book. and card details etc

I guess they won't be coming back here ever again!
Only if you are lucky!

Back