The overnight metamorphosis phenomenon

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me the transformation that takes place in our guest after they've been allowed to commune with nature and get a good nights sleep. We had a couple arrive yesterday who were very quiet and reserved and both looked like they'd swallowed something sour. <--Read Potential PITAs
This morning they were smiling, animated and stated that they never wanted to leave.

This is what I say all the time! It is the BnB guest Jeckyl and Hyde syndrome. Even the very-nice-guests get aggravated from travelling, or even working all day and getting to you on a friday after work - or all week, I should say. You can see the stress falling off them in cascades! The reason I ONLY take payment at check out. After they are fat and happy from breakfast and too much coffee.

When I worked in the restaurant industry dinners were up to the wait person to entertain and reverse the crappy day the guests had had. The Dinner crowd is a tough crowd to please. Once I worked breakfast at Bob's Big Boy when I was young (before they nearly all closed down) and the saturday morning breakfast club would roll in, freshly showered, coffee cup in hand and happy to be there! I loved that. Not only did they smell better than the dinner crowd, their whole attitude was a pleasant fragrance.

Folks can be wired on the travel day......
Usualy a nap, couple hours unwinding time or the over night sleep sets folks right

Back