The Pathetic Side .....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
OK - this falls under the "cry" side of the forum.
My Dad just left to get his flight back to England .... OK - I know "Boo Hoo", grow up, deal with it .... but it hits me harder every time. He is so easy going that he melts into the woodwork (in a really great way).
I think I'll crawl into a little hole for a couple of hours and take some purely, self-indulgent misery time.
Not really appropriate for this forum, but hey - you guys are an exceptional group.

Aaah, it's okay to indulge a little sadness. I am going to visit my father today, just for tonight - he is always so happy when I come that it's a bit overwhelming. It's good that you enjoyed his visit!

What a blessing to have his visit!
Every moment a memory.
We always try to feel UP and GOOD all the time, there is nothing wrong with sadness. It is a good thing once in a while. Esp good sadness like you are feeling now! Treasure it.
regular_smile.gif

Aw, I know what you mean. My folks are a lot nearer than your dad but I get all weepy when they leave, too. I have to go hide so they don't see me.

It's OK to be sad...and then remember to...
Rejoice that your Dad is still able to visit you and look forward to the next time :)

I'm glad you appreciate him - I was so close to both my parents and miss them so much -I lost them relatively early, I think.
Every visit is precious!!!
RIki

I understand the sadness that comes with the goodbye after a visit - especially when there is a big distance betweenyou - and an ocean would qualify as a BIG distance. For the last 10 years of his life, every time I told Daddy goodbye, I knew it could be the last time. That is the most difficult thing for any loving person to go through. It does tend to make the next reunion all the more joyeous though.
Have a good cry and tuck the memories of the visit securely in your memory bank. Take them out often so they do not collect dust.

I understand the sadness that comes with the goodbye after a visit - especially when there is a big distance betweenyou - and an ocean would qualify as a BIG distance. For the last 10 years of his life, every time I told Daddy goodbye, I knew it could be the last time. That is the most difficult thing for any loving person to go through. It does tend to make the next reunion all the more joyeous though.
Have a good cry and tuck the memories of the visit securely in your memory bank. Take them out often so they do not collect dust..
Heck, I'VE got 'Tipsy dad' memories I can haul out! Him stoking the fire and trying to convince me that I didn't want a roaring blaze (his Julia likes a roaring blaze), him telling how he and Julia ran out of peat for the fire after 5 days even tho they were told it was enough for 2 weeks (she does love her fire), him trying to take pix of the stars on a frigid, frigid night, him so thrilled to see Tipsy's friends and making everyone feel so welcome, and let's not forget his 'Middle Atlantic' accent. (As in middle OF the Atlantic.)

I now know why my mother used to cry when we had to go back to our homes... I want to the same thing now when our family leaves from a visit

I now know why my mother used to cry when we had to go back to our homes... I want to the same thing now when our family leaves from a visit.
greyswan said:
I now know why my mother used to cry when we had to go back to our homes... I want to the same thing now when our family leaves from a visit
That is really beautiful.

Back