The Pesky Callers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
This woman has stayed here before, she is Eastern European and last time they stayed one night she called and called and called. I was out for two hours. In that time she had called 16 times according to my caller id - the last message was "Where are you? Why are you not taking my calls?"
Well I was on the other line taking a booking this morning and she called, left a message, "I do not understand why you need two night booking only on weekend!!" (It is Leaf Peeper Season here folks!) She called again and again and again and now I am not answering the phone as I do not like pesky callers and I do not like being held hostage...I have work to do.
What do you do with pesky callers? Tolerate them or just tell them sorry no rooms available? In person I did not recognize her as she was not pesky, but put a phone in her hand and voila pesky.

I wouldn't return her call. If she is just looking for a bargain during your peak season...forget about her.

I wouldn't return her call. If she is just looking for a bargain during your peak season...forget about her..
I agree with Catlady. She will just make you justify your two night stay. She has to have called other places to hear the same two night requirement.
It's just like the zillion phone calls we are getting for Oct 1 - the night of the Bono Concert here.
RIki

I wouldn't return her call. If she is just looking for a bargain during your peak season...forget about her..
I agree with Catlady. She will just make you justify your two night stay. She has to have called other places to hear the same two night requirement.
It's just like the zillion phone calls we are getting for Oct 1 - the night of the Bono Concert here.
RIki
When fall foliage season comes around and I am booked for all weekends, I quit answering the phone. I just put on a message something like this:
"Thank you for calling xxxx, we are unable to take your call at this time. if you are calling for a reservation for fall foliage season, we require a 2 night min. stay. We have no rooms available for any October weekend at this time. Please go to our web site at xxxxx.com to check for week day availabilty and to make a reservation."

Back