The Phantom Guest

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
So, this guest checks in 2 days ago very late. We have heard noises from the room (hair dryer) and the car has come and gone but we have never seen her. She's here for 3 days and leaves tomorrow. We are betting each other on who can catch a glimpse of her before she leaves. We don't know when she leaves in the morning because we'll hear the hair dryer and never see her exit the room. She must be using the front door to leave because she hasn't come thru the dining room except to re enter the building at night.
Neat as a pin. Looks like it's a 'me, myself & I' getaway with lots of books.

Wouldn't it be funny if someone you knew paid for the room to give you a break and really weren't even there...

Wouldn't it be funny if someone you knew paid for the room to give you a break and really weren't even there....
Joey Bloggs said:
Wouldn't it be funny if someone you knew paid for the room to give you a break and really weren't even there...
Well, it would be nice if the friend hadn't used the bed or the bathroom...

Generally, in the winter, we have a few guests who book through the near-by ski area's central reservations system. Some of these folks have checked in, we give them a key, and that's the last time we see them. They stay for several days, never come to breakfast, never show up for après ski wine and cheese, never come to our simple suppers. We have actually contacted Central Res to ensure that their agents are giving guests information about the type of Inn we are. Still, some folks just treat us like a motel.

you laugh but we had a guest in one of the hotels where I used to work who checked in left his stuff and basically disapeared after 2 days (booked for 7) we were a bit worried so we rang the travel agent to ask what we should do. They rang his wife and it turned out he was having an affare with a local woman and was with her and they grassed him up to his wife! LOL SHould have just told the hotel he was paying for the room and wasn't staying in it.

I thought the same thing...an affair perhaps? But then again, with an armload of books it sounds like she just really needs some "me" time. What type of books are they? Maybe she's a professor and needs a quiet place to get organized. Maybe she's a professor having an affair....

I thought the same thing...an affair perhaps? But then again, with an armload of books it sounds like she just really needs some "me" time. What type of books are they? Maybe she's a professor and needs a quiet place to get organized. Maybe she's a professor having an affair.....
Maybe she's a mom getting her first ever week 'off' from her family! All romance novels that she left behind.

Or maybe............she was going to walk off into the ocean.......jump from a bridge........who knows?
OK......I know........that's a little dark...........but, ya never know?

Nothing unusual, we have a lady just like that for 7 nights this summer. Room was barely used, but she ate her dessert each night and appeared at breakfast each morning. Otherwise, gone all day into the late evening.

Nothing unusual, we have a lady just like that for 7 nights this summer. Room was barely used, but she ate her dessert each night and appeared at breakfast each morning. Otherwise, gone all day into the late evening..
Little Blue said:
and appeared at breakfast each morning.
I think Mort's point was that her phantom guest didn't even appear for breakfast.
confused_smile.gif

Back